Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE Run time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have set the program FCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE running in our DEV system to create an Org level object for the field RESPAREA.

When I ran the program in test mode it only took 20 seconds, but in update mode it has been running now for over 30 hours!  This is not a new implementation, and there are around 700 roles to be updated, but I was not expecting it to take this long.

Does anyone have any experience running this program for RESPAREA?  How long would this normally run for?  When running FCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE in the test and production systems, will it take a similar amount of time and do the users need to be off the system when the updates take place?

Many thanks

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you check KBA 2054335 and see if you have correct definitin for DD04VV.

If not, you should apply the solution in this KBA.

Thanks.

Jim

3 REPLIES 3

jimguo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you check KBA 2054335 and see if you have correct definitin for DD04VV.

If not, you should apply the solution in this KBA.

Thanks.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for getting back to me.  I have checked and the join in the view DD04VV is correct according to the SAP note 2107390.

The program is still running in our DEV client so this has been running now for over 40 hours.

Is it possible to terminate the program or will we end up with partially processed roles?  I don't think that this will be safe to do in our production system without understanding why it is taking so long.

Thanks

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

For information, when running this transaction with the Transport options ticked, you cannot run it in the background as it waits for the user to create a transport.  This obviously cant happen in the background so the program needs to be run as a foreground job.