cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA report rated green but has only three paragraphs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Since 6 weeks 3 systems from the same solution have green rated EWA reports but the contain no data and the report has only 3 paragraphs.

Beside these systems there are another 4 that have no such problems.

From the affected systems 2 are dual stack and one is a java.

I checked the RFCs, from and to the solman, everything works fine. I checked SDCCN task log tab,in the managed systems, there is show that the data has been collected and sent to the solman. So the problem should not be the manaed systems.

(there is an error but the log says:

Symptom:

This exception does not imply a

data collection.

Solution:

This exception can be ignored.)

I tried RootCauseAnalysis -> End-to-end analysis for the Java system but getting a timeout error.

Can you please suggest some places to look for the problem because I ran out of ideeas.

Thanks!

Tamas

It is a Solution Manager 7.1 SP12 with components

SAP_BASIS    702    0015

SAP_ABA    702    0015

CTS_PLUG    200    0014

PI_BASIS    702    0015

ST-PI    2008_1_700    0011

BI_CONT    707    0007

GW_CORE    200    0008

IW_BEP    200    0008

SAP_BS_FND    702    0013

SAP_BW    702    0015

UISAPUI5    100    0007

UI_INFRA    100    0007

IW_FND    250    0008

IW_GIL    100    0004

SAP_AP    700    0031

WEBCUIF    701    0012

BBPCRM    701    0012

CPRXRPM    500_702    0011

ST    710    0012

ST-BCO    710    0010

RTCISM    100    0000

SOCO    101    0003

ST-A/PI    01R_700    0001

ST-ICC    200    0000

ST-ICO    150_700    0043

ST-SER    701_2010_1    0025

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

We also have same issue since few weeks. We raised ticket to SAP for this and found that problem is at SAP side. SAP Development is aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

See below SAP Response...

-----------------------------------------------@11.07.2015

Due to ongoing technical problems with our system landscape for

publishing service content updates, we are currently not able to

publish the correction. My apologies, but there is currently no

possibility for development to accelerate the roll out of the

correction until this process is resolved. I will keep you informed of

the status.

Regards

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

thanks for sharing this news with us.

Please update us when they release the correction.

Regards

Matteo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo

Meanwhile, as a workaround, you can do a service content refresh and regenerate the EWA session.To do so, please follow the resolution step of SPA KBA 2094999. The symptom of the KBA is different but the resolution step will perform the service content refresh and you will be able to generate the EWA manually.

As Santosh said SAP development team is currently working on the code fix and the solution

is planned to be released end of this week

Regards

Uday Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday Kumar,

your workaround works correctly! Now I'll for permanent fix.

Thanks a lot
Matteo

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

SAP confirmed that they released the fix for this issue.

Hello Tamas,

Yes, the issue where the EWA report is rated green but has empty

content is a known bug and the development has just released the fix.

The fix is now available via SCU. But due to the number of updates

that will be sent from SAP, it may take a day or two to get onto the

systems.

No SCU updates have gone out this month, so if you have one for July,

that is it. Please apply it and test by creating an ad hoc EWA.

If you do not receive any SCU in the next two days or if the ad hoc

EWA is still empty, please let me know.

Thank you all for your support!

Tamas

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think SAP has resolved this issue, As I received complete EWA report in my mailbox this morning.

You can check generating manual EWA. If still an issue try Uday Kumar's solution.

Santosh Nikam

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

This can happen due to the bugs in the latest service content update. There is a way in which you can reset the latest service content. Please check in AGS_UPDATE txn for the latest date of the update.

Also this may be useful : http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/How+to+reset+and+reprocess+a+service+session

However if the issue is only with Java systems then I suggest you to take a look at diag agent status for those java systems.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamas,

Please check following SAP notes:-

2044301 - Missing information in EWA: A troubleshooting guide - SM 7.1

1907383 - How to setup and troubleshoot EarlyWatch Alert reports in SAP Solution Manager 7.1

Verify your EWA configuration with following note:-

1924199 - EarlyWatch Alert Management SP10+

I hope this helps you in resolving the issue.

Regards

Anand

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That could mean that the EWA was not able to detect which product is installed in this system, and therefore no template was assigned to the EWA, leaving it without the sections.

I suggest the following:

1) Check the service content(as a general check), in transaction AGS_UPDATE, ensure it is up to date.

2) Check that the system is correct defined in the LMDB, by following this wiki: Maintenance of Product in the System Landscape - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki .

3) Once it is correct in the LMDB, ensure that the changes are copied to the SMSY.

4) Once correct in the SMSY, access transaction SOLMAN_DIRECTORY and perform a "complete data replication" for the solution where this system is included.

5) Wait for the next EWA, or reset an old one via transaction DSA.

Best regards

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Daniel,

thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I already checked all of this and everything is maintained correct... the reports were being generated normally until the first week of June and we don't changed anything.

I noticed that an RFC user is getting constantly locked, after I fixed that I generated manually a report from that managed system but the report was the same...

"That could mean that the EWA was not able to detect which product is installed in this system, and therefore no template was assigned to the EWA, leaving it without the sections"

I saw somewhere a message that suggested what you say above... but how could I make the Solman detect the installed product ?

I also noticed a strange thing in the job SM:EXEC SERVICES:

the affected ABAP systems are not processed just the other ones from the same solution

AND

at the end of the log appears this line for the affected Java system

Info. for system ADS_MEF in solution SAP Solution cannot be sent(sol. manager settings)

Unfortunately i don't know if this is normal, because I never looked at the job log when the reports were generated normally. What i can say is that the report for the Java system had always a grey rating, but the data was in the report.

Br,

Tamas

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To check that, please open transaction DSA and provide the short system ID in field "Database ID", provide "EW_ALERT" in the session package, and get the latest report already processed.

When you open the EWA via this transaction, you will see it in the tree mode,  then expand "Landscape" > "Current Landscape" > Click on "Products and components in current landscape". ;you should find the product and its version defined correctly. If you don't, then certainly there's an issue. Please follow my previous reply for fixing it. If you have specific questions, then post them here.

In relation to the SM:EXEC SERVICES giving this message, it probably means that the SDCCN data was not delivered to the Solution Manager in time. Please check this wiki to understand it better and fix it: The EWA workflow - a closer look - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki.

You will have to check that the SDCCN data collected in the managed system was delivered to the Solution Manager, and that this data was delivered _before_ the SM:EXEC SERVICES was executed. If it was delivered later, you can just reset and reprocess the EWA, or you can schedule the SM:EXEC SERVICES to run a little bit later, but usually it runs at 6AM, which is a good time, as the data collection starts usually at 4AM.

Regards,

Daniel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

the same happens also to me. We are using Solution Manager 7.1 SP12 and we've the same problem since 6 six weeks with two java system (PI 7.10 and ADS 7.10). Maybe there is a bug?

Other EWA reports run correctly.

Matteo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matteo,

the problem appeared in the first week of June and in my case it's 2 BI systems and an ADS.

Interesting...

Tamas