cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy Visual Studio Crystal Report to another PC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to copy Crystal Reports from Visual Studio Pro 2010 on a Windows XP PC to Visual Studio Pro 2013 on a Windows 7 PC. The reports are integrated into solutions I am recreating in the new environment. Does anyone know a way copy a complete report from the old PC to the new PC and upgrade it to the Visual Studio 2013 Crystal Reports version. I dread having to create the reports from scratch. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to just copy the .rpt files and then add them to your project.  If you open them in the newer version of Visual Studio and then save them, the reports should be upgraded.  You will not have to recreate or upgrade the reports in order for them to work.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell,

I tried copying the report files to a network location and from there to the project folder on the new PC but only the .cs files made the journey. The .rpt files disappeared.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure why that would happen.  Try copying just the .rpt files again.

-Dell

0 Kudos

The project should have the reports included, can you not simply copy over the whole project folder?

Otherwise, Open the Project on the old PC and open each report, click the Preview button and then export the report to RPT format. You now have a valid report file you can reattach to your VS 2013 project.

Don

0 Kudos

Moved to CR for .NET Forum also:

Answers (0)