cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle (recurrance) of Automatic Usage Decision Batch job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My question is regarding cycle of Auto UD batch job.

I have set up Auto UD - batch job triggers every 10 minutes in QA17, settings in MM per material and inspection type set (AUTO UD and SKIP lot indicators) set and in SPRO, at plant level- set wait time as 4 hours and delay time for skip lot as 1440 minutes (1 day).

Auto UD batch job performs fine, no issues.

I did some analysis and have groupings where ILots are successfully processed once a day after the initial wait time has passed of course.

My new requirement is to shrink the time ... the cycle of Auto Batch job from once a day to half day and further more every 3 hours, once initial wait time is over - of course, for eligible ILots. That way expedite the process.

In other words, if my conditions for Auto UD have not been met 1st time Batch Job runs... i.e.. Inspection Results not in yet (Interface controlled), how do I expedite that batch job from once a day to twice.. .or more times per day?

What setting is that? What am I missing?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The batch job here, is being run every 10 minutes. So every 10 minutes system is running a check to populate the eligible inspection lots that have completed the waiting time (as specified in Plant Level Setting) since the lot creation. You have set 4 hours as waiting time and batch job frequency is 10 minutes. If you want to shrink it I suppose you should reduce the waiting time that suits to you. So every batch job will populate more inspection lots as they will be fulfilling the waiting time over criteria.

But there is another factor that the result recording which is something no one has the control over except the user. If you follow the practice that the user enters the results as soon as he/she can then there are more chances that the lot gets captured in next batch run.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

here's where that answer may be incorrect.

-Wait time of 4 hours is initial wait time.

-My groupings of successfully closed and processed inspection lots BY batch job are at 1 day intervals (after initial wait time passed)

In other words, even if I was wrong about wait time setting being Initial wait time only, I'm still not getting groupings anywhere near 4-5 hour increments.. .even 6...7 (as that would indicate RR taking some time to occur).

Groupings are very steady.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody else or any other ideas Anand?

Thanks!