Budget Release issue

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My project structure is 6 levels

My budget approach is Bottom up approach

At 6th level I will give budget and I do total up 

My issue is I have give budget for 500000 and Release the budget for 200000.

I have created PR/PO for 200000.

Still the remaining available balance is 300000 in that I want to release only 100000 to create another PR/PO. But system is not accepting to release 100000.

I getting error message as budget is exceed by 100000,

If I give available balance 300000 system is accepting

Why it is showing error when I given 100000.

Please help me on this

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies and suggestion

I have assumed the answer

The way I have approached for the second release of 100000 in cj32 is wrong

where I have given the 100000 directly at WBS and did total up and I got error

Right process is

select all and go to Edit-> copy view and select current Budget in that select Option Add and give the percentage.

I did in this process 1,00,000 is added there is no error.

S_ALR_87013560 - Budget updates  now it is showing 300000 as Release

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

When People do help each other out they dont ask for Points , it is a professional courtesy to give Points once the answer is there and it is quite interesting to see you have slected your answer as the correct one after many People have explained the same Thing.

Good luck

Regards

Vittal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I hope from the above replies you would have understood the Release functionality in Budgeting.

i think you have confused your budget release to budget supplement..

As clearly stated by Vittal, Release of Budget is the Amount you enter for release its not the addition of already released budget...

And for your Partial Release of Budget..that's what you are doing.. you are releasing partial budget only..

Just that you need to understand the Release Concept..

So if i take your example.. You have WBS 6 with 500,000. And you first released 200,000 and made PO for 200,000. And now subsequently you want another 100,000 to create PR.. You need to change the Released Budgeted amount from 200,000 to 300,000 and not 100,000.

If I take the case of supplementing  the Budget.. then I would add 100,000 to the existing 200,000 to make it 300,000. But in your case this is not going to work.as you have budget at the lowest level, hence you cannnot supplement it..

Hope its clear.. if you still have issues.. raise another thread as suggested by others..

Regards

Sammar..

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sammer/Vittal,

Here is my process with screen shots

1.)Given budget 500000 at 6th level and total up

2.)Released budget for 200000

3) Budget update  report

4) Create PR for 6th level wbs for 200000

5) Now i want to create another PR for 100000 for same wbs so i tried release 100000 in cj32 then i got this error

6) I tried to release 300000. System did not show any error

Regards

Praveen

Reg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

It is clear from your screen shot's that your trying to release less amount then what is already consumed i.e. you have already released 200000 and consumed via PO, look at assigned column. Now you wanted to release 100000 more which makes already released 200000 + 100000 new amount to be released = 300000 that is correct process. That way out of 500000 remaining is 200000. but your thinking your releasing all available i.e. 300000 which is not true.

It is always exiting released amount + New release amount not only new release amount.

Hope that gives you better understanding.

Regards,

Venkatesan Annamalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Could you please confirm if a PR is already created against the WBS or yet to be created? I guess the WBS is already having a PR (second PR with 100,000 INR) hence you are receiving the above error.

If the PR is already created or partially added with WBS details and saved, you need to release the budget more than 100,000 INR. If there is no PR created, we need to investigate in the other angle to check the tolerence limits/AVAC settings as Vittal suggested.

Thanks,

Mamatha

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mamatha,

Thanks for your response

PR is created against wbs for 200000. I getting the error when i am trying to release budget of   1 lakh for second PR

My client wants to go with partial release of budget.

If my client wants to use only 1 lakh out of 3 lakh then i need release 1 lakh in cj32 but I getting this error.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Now i got to know that you have misunderstood the concept of release.

The Budget release function does not add everytime you rewrite new amount.

You Need to add the additional amount to existing one and enter.

ex:

As mentioned in above screenshot you have PR for 200000 and you released 200000

This was ok

Now you Need another PR for 100000but you are trying to enter 100000 in the release section so System is reducing the already released 200000 to 100000, it is not adding .

Hence if you give 300000 the System will accept it because System now has 200000+100000 hence you wont get an error

Hope you understood

Regards

Vittal

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesan,

Thanks for your response

As per my understanding

I have given budget for 5 Lakhs

I have Release 2 Lakhs

I have consumed 2 Lakhs via PO

It means still i have 3 Lakhs to use. But want use only 1 Lakh I want to create PR only for 1 Lakh. Then why the system is showing error it should allow me release the budget

My Client wants to go with partial budget release.

Regards

Praveen 

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Vittal,

Thanks for your response

I understood your point.

My client want to go for Partial release from the given budget. In this case the release budget

could be more or less.

so what will be the solution for this.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

The Budget exceed Problem is solved.

Budget partial release is nothing but what you are currently doing.

Please check few Budget Standard reports and also Availability control

If you mean something else about partial release then Close this question here and open a new thread

It is advised not to seek many questions in one thread

Thanks

Regards

Vittal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

always remember that the released Budget should not be less than the assigned Budget.

and your released Budget will not add everytime you enter value

Regards

Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I think your getting confusion on available amount, released and assigned amounts. You wanted to release 100000 as a partial release out of 300000 available that is OK. You also have already released and consumed 200000 right. Now you wanted to release 100000 as a partial release with existing amount of 200000 which makes 200000 + 100000 = 300000 this your thinking that the whole 300000 available amount that your releasing which is wrong understanding. In any point in time the partial release is subject to the existing releases that are consumed and the new partial release amount is to be added to it. So in partial release of 100000 you add the existing release 200000 which becomes 300000 when you enter this amount in release column and save it releases only 100000 not whole available amount of 300000. Use report S_ALR_87013558 to understand this difference between assigned and available.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

What about the tolerance limit defined?

AVAC check at what % of amount?

As mentioned please share screenshot

Regards

Vittal

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Can you please attach screen shots of CJ30 for the project and also of the error message when you are releasing the budget to make it clearer..

Thanks

Sammar