cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock Remains in Change Document even after closing the browser in CHaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

I have implemented CHaRM in Solution Manager 7.1 SP10 . I am stuck in one issue.

When I am  creating /Editing a Request for change or Change document  in CHaRM. 

If user edits the RFC/Change document   and don’t log off and close the browser.  Then document is getting locked. If some other guy tries to edit the same document then it shows Document is locked the user “user Name”

Please help.

Thanks

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

you can set the following parameters in the technical profile for your business role (here for SOLMANPRO):

Path in SPRO:

This should remove the lock even if you do not log off.

Best Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank for help

But its not working . I gave time as 60 second . But lock is not getting released even i waited for 10 min  .

and a small question what does enforce logoff does ?

Thanks

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Sorry for the mistake

Its not working . Lock are getting deleted in 60 seconds.

Thanks a lot for you suggestion.

Thanks

Pramod

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pramod,

you can refer the below link to remove the lock on documents.

Use Program :RSIR_REMOVE_CHECKOUT_LOCKS

How To Unlock "locked MS Word" documents in SAP CRM

This document is for SAP CRM but this will work for SOLMAN also.

Thanks

Vijayendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayendra,

Ideally when we close the browser, lock should be deleted automatically. irrespective of whether we have logged off or not.

So i Just want to confirm . it this a sap standard functionally that user has to compulsory log off from change document or change request ?

Thanks

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pramod,

Yes it is compulsory to log off or check out from that document to remove the lock. As it prevents the documents from being edited from multiple users at the same time.

Thanks

Vijayendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayendra,

Thank you for confirmation,

A small doubt here . what if some body edit the document and don't log off , just closed the browser and left and some other person wants to edit the document.

So it means document is locked forever ? or there is some time stamp after which lock will release automatically.

Thanks

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lock will be there, but once the system is refreshed that lock will be removed, normally basis team refresh the system every week depends on the system load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

You cannot directly close the window if you are working on a change document or change request. You have to either log off or go back for other person to edit the same document.

You can remove the lock in SM12 for the user who is locking the document.

Regards

Tripti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tripti,

Thank you for reply .

Ideally when we close the browser, lock should be deleted automatically. irrespective of whether we have logged off or not.

So i Just want to confirm . it this a sap standard functionally that user has to compulsory log off from change document or change request ?

Thanks

Pramod