cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

while transfering material i have selected parllel transfer it has been transferd succesfully . But i got log

which i need to understand  as shown in below screen shots

Here it is showing 32 filter object started in block 000001

what does it means ?

why does it is showing 2 times background processing

Regards

jaisree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaisree.

Are you doing initial or delta transfer.

What are all the objects you selected during the transfer, Like Material, Vendor, Plant etc.

These Objects are cascaded into blocks and processed in parallel. Your log looks like objects are processed in 2 parallel processes for each object.

Check this link Parallelized Initial Data Transfer - Integration via APO Core Interface (CIF) - SAP Library

Also, just click on the "Yellow ? icon" in the log, it may give you additional information.

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinoth

Thanks for response

Actually i am doing intial transfer for material

In config i have mantained filter block size 952 and selection block size as 952

i have small doubt how it has divided into 32 filter object in one block and 27 filter objects in other block

regards

Jaisree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaisree,

It depends upon the Object interconnected while capturing the data during the transfer.

Rough example - 1 material x 32 Plants (material available in all 32 plants, Both Material & Plant checked in your IM) = 32 Objects.

From SAP Help

When you create an integration model, you select filter objects by entering object types (for example, material masters and sales orders) and other selection criteria (for example, customer number and material/plant combination) and then assign these to a model name, target system and application. When you activate the integration model, the system checks which data objects have the same properties as the filter object. At the initial data transfer, the system selects these data objects and transfers them to SAP APO. For the change transfer, it only transfers the corresponding data objects.

Leaving content frame

Regards

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinoth

In config what ever values we are maintaining or filter object and  block sizes are max value for objects to be processed

final doubt

Does filter object size is main object which is processing (from above example material ) and plant combination is Block size is it correct

Pls correct if  i am wrong

Regards

Jaisree

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Each object is main. Material, Plant Vendor Stock etc.

Blocks are subdividing the data of Objects.

If you're transferring Materials alone.

10000 Materials (Object) are Subdivided into 10 blocks (1000 each), these 10 blocks will be transferred in parallel based on the config and resource availability.

Same applies with other objects as well.

No of objects selected for transfer depends upon the scope of the data how its interconnected to other objects.

Go through the link which i've sent, explore you'll get good knowledge

Regards

Vinoth

Answers (0)