Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading 2 files to map the target structure without BPM

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on PO and there is a requirement to read 2 incoming source xml files and generate the target IDOC structure but without BPM,

BPM is currently not activated so it is not an option.

1 file is with some master data details and the 2nd file is with the attributes for some of the master data contained in file 1.

I have already checked the forum but i am not able to find a solution for this issue.

So file 1 -

customer1...customer 10

File 2 -

attribute for customer 1...till attribute for customer 4

In the target, if the details for customer 1 are found in file 2, specific fields in the target will need to be mapped with values else not mapped.

Can you please help as the solution will be confirmed based on how PI can handle this?

the Source system will not be making any changes in the way the 2 files are produced or the file contents.

Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can't achieve this with out BPM or Java mapping.You can use additional file parameter however if you enable this option one of the two files will always be as an attachment and you can make use of Payload Swap bean to make it as actual payload file and proceed with mapping.....try to configure the payload swap bean two times to make two files as an actual payload this is just an option not sure it works or not....

Thanks

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki and Pavan,

OS command is not an option and BPM is not an option.

I have tried with a trial mapping.

imported the all the 3 structures (2 source and 1 target) as external definition.

in message mapping - 2 source and 1 target in signature

But this is not in runtime with attachment option

i do not have to merge the 2 source files to create the target.

the target will need attribute based on order in file 1 and a lot of the fields are hard coded in target

most of the fields are from file 1.

both the files will be limited to a maximum of 100 records.

I would like to know about the Java mapping and how to implement it

I will appreciate if you could please help me with the code details as Java is not my strong point?

file 2 will be picked up by the sender file adapter and as both need to be read, file 2 will be marked as additional file and that will be an attachment

In operation mapping i need to check the read attachment.

Can you please also give me parameters for payload swap bean configuration?

Regards,

Archana

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

I would like to know about the Java mapping and how to implement it

I will appreciate if you could please help me with the code details as Java is not my strong point?

I was thinking about your requirements and i think that it will be easier do a file lookup at mapping level. You have some examples in these links:

With NFS:

File Lookup in UDF - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

With FTP

It easier to read a file directly that to read an attachment (even in lower PI 7.1 versions i think is not possible). The idea is to read at first mapping your second file and to compose an XML with the first file to do after a message mapping. What do you think?

Regards.

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki so much.

I checked the links. However, now the solution is changed and the project has decided to move forward with BPM.

I have done BPM before but not in NWDS for PO.

I ahve searched through the forum and there are lot of posts for the same but I could not find anything for the step by step process modeling for the Collect pattern for the 2 file merge.

Scenario si that there are 2 types of files coming in-

Order Header

Order Items which can be more than 1

Co relation is on Order number

So the Fork is there to colect all the order items and wait for the Order Header fiel to come through.

Order Items file s will be received first and afterwards the order header file will be received

Files will have to be mapped to master structure which is a combination of Order Header and Order Item structures inside the fork block.

Finally the files have to be merged and mapped to N..1 in the transformation step which is just before the final send.

Creating ESR and ID objects is not an issue so far. We have copied the BPM collect multi pattern from Basis comonent and modified for our needs.

Problem is coming - how to create this BPM process model in NWDS as this is the first time i am using the process modeling component.

I have doen integration flows but not the BPM.

Can anyone please guide us with step by step for creating the objects, designing it on the lines of collecting the multiple files, merging and mapping to the final structure?

I would greatly appreciate all your help on this.

Regards,

Archana

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Can you please refer the below blog for this merging scenario using NW BPM.

Let us know if you still struck anywhere.

Regards

Vishnu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File+Lookup+in+UDF

You can try File lookup if that fulfils your requirement.

Regards,

Priyanka

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Archana,

If your ok to use CCBPM,it can be done using correlation and Fork steps.

Below is the link

Regards

Raghuraman S

SAP PI/PO consultant

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

A few thoughts,

With additional files you read the second file as attachment (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/404ee507-3fbc-2e10-00bc-be90ab28d...). The complication comes that you would need a java mapping to access the attachment and to do the desired mapping.

May be the easiest way will be to execute OS command on the sender file adapter to create a new file with the two first files or to do a first scenario with only purpose to mix the two files in only one.

Regards.