Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO PPDS for tooling and machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

Without PRT, how to simulate the following case

each product has its own tool(can't be shared by each other), the tool can be installed on different machine but only one machine at a time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200970
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vitasoy,

As for my knowledge when ever we find the activates which have to be performed let us say

Tare , fix , pack . We find the two basic relationships

A. Finish- Start Relationship &

B. Start- Start Relationship

Case 1 : Finish - start Relationship : upon finishing one activity the other activity will get insisted.

Case 2: Start - Start Relationship : Two different activities start at a time and processed .

Say fix and pack are two different activities, Once the activity 1 say Tare is done the other resources are working .

Now here the resources and there functionality is considered and planned.

A resource or its functionality should come first and then the others> But if system has to be designed with activity as priority the capacity utilization should be considered for one and then a decision making should be done .

please let us know whether the inputs were helpful to resolve the problem .

Regards

Arvind Pabba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arvind Pabba,

thanks for your reply, i have checked the PPM, tool and machine activity relationships is already set in

start- start in setup

&

finish - finish in production

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean /SAPAPO/CDPS_REPT? I don't understand the request "the tool can be installed on different machine", you may illuminate with an example.

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Thank you for your reply, please refer the following example:

there is only one tool, so only one machine can start the production at a time.

how to set this in APO

i had tried to use alternative mode, but the APO can't handle "only one machine can start the production at a time".

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you define the machine to be resource? How do you define the "Tool"? In APO PDS, under one operation activity, there can be several resources, and only one resource is used for the activity.

Here, I don't get the relationship between Tool and machine, how do you define them in the master data?

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks claire,

i define machine and tool as work center in R/3

since i haven't used PRT in R/3 yet.

would you explain more about "under one operation activity, there can be several resources".

Former Member
0 Kudos

i set the tool in parallel seq. of machine in routing