cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue while Creating Cascading LOV on Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement of creating a relational universe on top of SAP BW Multiprovider (JCO connector) using information design tool.As you all know, doing this, the entire universe, schema, data foundation automatically creates and the entire business layer automatically creates considering all the fields from the multiprovider in SAP BW.

Now, we have a requirement of creating a cascading LOV between company code and plant. i.e. when Company Code is selected in the 1st prompt, the 2nd prompt for Plant should show the Plant values only corresponding to the company code selected.

I could do this using the parameters and List of values options available in the universe by using the following query for the LOV

1.Create LOV CASCADE:

2. Define the query for the LOV CASCADE.

After creating this LOV, linked it to the Plant dimension in the Business layer and then created a test query to test this functionality.

1. Linked the LOV to the Plant dimension

2. Create a test query to check the cascading fucntionality:

3. The functionality works fine as below:

However the issue that i am facing is this functionality works on top of a relational universe on SAP BW Multiprovider(not a query but the entire multiprovider) only when i set the company code Prompt Option in the primary "CASCADE" LOV (which i created and assigned to the plant dimension )to manual entry and disable "Prompt with list of values" in the query panel of the LOV query.

1. Works when the "prompt with list of values" is disabled in the query for company code:

2. The moment these options are enabled, i get the "Circular referencing error" as below when i run the main test query(no change in LOV, no change in LOV assingment to the plant dimension.)

Found an SAP note on this (0001971073) mentioning this was a bug in BI 4.1,SP3 but the same issue also occurred in BI 4.0, SP5 Patch 6.

Wanted to understand is this is a bug in the product or some limitation for Relation universes using JCO connectors on top of SAP BW multiproviders. I know universe on top of entire multiprovider is not a suggestable approach but that is what our current requirement is inorder to enable self service BI for business.

Thanks and regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Something wrong with Lovs . Please check whether other define LOvs are working fine or not apart from this. I mean in the any object have you been applied 2 -3  Lovs differently , something correlated in LOvs definition which cause of this error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amish,

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "something wrong with LOV's"?

There are no other LOV's on top of this universe. This is the only and single LOV being used and associated with a single dimension "Plant" at business layer level.

There are no co related LOV's . The only change made is to the same LOV where in one scenario list of values is enabled(which doesnt work) and in the other scenario , list of values is not enabled(which works).

Please mind:

1. This is a universe on top of SAP BW multiprovider and not a relational universe . This is using the JCO connector.

2. We are using BI 4.1 , SP4,P4.

Thanks and regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos

I had such incident in IDT which was developed based on HANA analytical view , we had create 2 Lov for material , one for Native SQL based and other one for Business  prompts Lovs. So we got such crucial refer warning. after remove unrequired Material Nativ SQL lovs SQL based Lovs. Issue got resolved related to crucial refer warning.