Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move picked goods in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a requirement for our client..

We want to move the picked quantitites from one storage location to another in the delivery.

So for example, in delivery if we have 100 EA and 15 is produced and available for shipping, picking, we want to pick that 15 and move it to another storage location so that no one can touch it for any other use.

We dont want to do the PGi at this moment. PGI needs to be done at the end when all stock is picked. Just to pick this, save the delivery and move the stock from one storage location to another.

As far as I know, we cannot do it in Standard SD. However I think this can be done through WM but not sure.

Can someone please suggest their views if there is any other way in standard SD where this requirement can be met?

(Using VL01n/VL02n transactions only)

I insist using VL01n/VL02n tcodes because our client do not want to do an additional step as it might be confusing for them.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

if you have idocs concept in your plant and SAP may be it will possible .

i will explain how it will be .....

suppose in your plant /warehouse if some one pick the goods and moved to 15 EA perticuler storagelocation w.r.to delivery then one idoc WHSCON should come to SAP with pick qualifier and qty then the idc will come to SAP and update the picked qty in delivery .

but i am not sure how much it will usefull to you .

Regards

venkata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkata,

Thank you for your input but we do not use Idoc at this step.

Also, what we r looking for is to move the goods from one storage location to another when the goods are picked in the delivery. So, basically the storage location needs to be changed.

Picking the delivery is done manually in Delivery (VL01n/VL02n) but when they save, it should give an option to move the stock from the existing storage location to another storage location.

Please share ur views on this if possible.

Thanks,

Pravin

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just save that delivery with the quantity whatever available so that it cannot be diverted to another sale order.  Once the entire quantity is available, you can call back this delivery, change the quantity to the stock available and do PGI.  This is the simplest solution.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but the customer wants to physically move the stock from one storage location to another lest someone else will use it thinking it is free for use..

so the problem is not in SAP, they want to manually move the stocks of visibility from other production people and this effect they want to reflect in SAP.

If the delivery is simply picked and saved (without PGI ofcourse), the stock will be in the same storage location. But they want to change the storage location too..

Any advise on this please?

Thanks,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate if anyone could please share their views on this?

Regards,

Pravin