Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biztalk integration with Sap PI using publish/subscribe method

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am currently i am working on Biztalk integration with SAP Pi 7.4. Where i need to connect to Biztalk using publish/subscribe method. I gave gone through few links got to know that PI supports publish/subscribe method for JMS adapter. Can i use JMs adapter for my requirement? If yes, please provide me the design approach.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/01/03/jms-topics-adapter-configuration-...

Thanks,

Pavan T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Can i use JMs adapter for my requirement?

>>Yes, you can leverage JMS adapter for this. When Biztalk is sending Data to PI, you need to using Sender JMS channel in PI to get the incoming message...

Similarily when PI sending data to Biztalk, you need to route it via Receiver JMS Channel

The link you have the config details for your reference. Refer to following links for further info:

Configuring the JMS Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Configuring the Sender JMS Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Configuring the Receiver JMS Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Regards,

Azhar

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Azar,

Thanks for the reply, If i am going to use JMs adapter what will be the transport protocal? why because Biztalk is microsoft product they are going to publish the data as xml PI have to subscribe that data using JMS adapter. I worked on JMs adapter when integrating  IBM wbesphere MQ application. I haven't worked on biztalk application before. Could you provide more light on this approach.

Thanks,

Pavan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I don't know what protocols Biztalk supports, you may need to use an open source message broker that both can understand.

I really wish that SAP had a driver for MSMQ but they don't. I posted this as an enhancement request, please go there and vote for it if you think it is worthwhile.

MSMQ Adapter for PI : View Idea

-Aaron

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the reply Can you please specify which open source message broker can fulfill my requirement?

Thanks,

Pavan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like I say, I don't know BizTalk adapter capabilities but here is a PI example using the free ActiveMQ JMS provider:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/01/27/pixi-activemq--free-but-yet-power...

Here is a thread which may give you some ideas also: