cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert po output to PDF file and attach in a mail, some strange characters come out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Here I meet some strange issue.

I am trying to convert a output of PO into PDF file, and mail it out. The output is generate by a smartform, with a header, and some detail list below as a normal smartforms. When testing, I found the Chinese character in the header like vender address, customer address are normal displayed in Chinese. But in the detail list, there is a colomn called material text(EKPO-TXZ01), the Chinese characters is replace by '#', eg [ (=2914501700)空气过滤器] is shown as (=2914501700)##### in the PDF file.  However, there is no problem for the preview.

In a word, when transfer a smartfrom output to PDF file, some Chinese characters are successful while some are failed.

It's very strange, any one know how to solve it? Appriciate very much!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Changchun,

the '#' characters usually appear in a PDF when a special character could not be converted into the target language area.

The problem shown in the attachment usually happens when a form consists of several text, Includes, etc., and the language keys of these elements are incorrect, e.g. EN (English) is used. Since the English language area can not process Chinese characters, they will be replaced by '#'.

The easiest solution to this problem, if the System is Unicode-capable, is to use Device Type PDFUC. PDFUC is a Unicode-capable Device Type, so it does not use the language keys, and it should process the spool / form correctly.

(If True Type fonts for the Unicode PDF-conversion have not been uploaded yet, please see the attachment of SAP Note #999712 - "PDF conversion for Unicode" how this can be done, as the True Type fonts are required for font embedding into the PDF.)

If the system is not capable of Unicode, please check the language key of the form / text / Includes, as they all should be Chinese.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot! It's solved, the reason is that we choose the unsuitable output devices. In SPAD we fix it and the issue fixed.

Answers (0)