Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Program Not registered for SLD_NUC and SLD_UC

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with XI 3.0 system.

Recently some changes were done in PI and ECC system and seems like the setting have changed now.

When I do SLDCHECK in ECC it fails saying "Connection to SLD does not work".

I observered that in ECC SAPSLDAPI is working fine but SLD_NUC and SLD_UC does not work and say program not registered.These same RFC dest does not work in PI as well.

I went to SMGW in PI and there I could not find entry for programID for SLD_NUC and SLD_UC.

Although I know these RFC programId should come by default , but they are not there.In new PI system , we can create JCO RFC , but in XI dont know where to go to create this.

Any idea how this can be fixed?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for PI do you have any idea what changes you did recently?Did you check whether the post installation steps of PI executed successfully since these destinations will be created automatically as part of post installation steps.

what is the version of your SAP ECC?For the latest releases even though SAPSLDAPI is working it doesn't mean SLDCHECK should work.Did you maintain correct parameters in SLDAPICUST?please check.

Thanks

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

A month back one synchronous Interface was working successfully in this server , so I assume everything was OK at that time.A week back QA refresh of ECC has been done.Means all data of Prod ECC has been brought to QA ECC, seems like post refresh activities were not performed and hence leading to issues with connectivity.

SLDCHECK is not working , and I believe that SAPSLDAPI , SLD_NUC and SLD_UC are the only RFC dest working for connecting ECC to SLD of PI.

Please tell me if I am missing anything here.

ALso , so when I check in SMGW of PI i can not find program id of SLD_NUC and UC there and these RFC are also failing in PI.

In ECC SLDAPICUST PI server details are maintained and on running it fails.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think external programs registering in SAP ECC is restricted.please check SAP Note:1480644 also refer below blog.

If there is a refresh of ECC QA from ECC PROD make sure all the configurations in ECC QA is pointing to correct PI system

Thanks

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Thanks for the link but I am using old PI version PI 7.0 and ECC is 6.0.

In PI everything is ok, but not in ECC.

Below are the screen shots and points for ECC.

1)Message fails in moni saying SLD is not reachable by ECC

2)SLDCHECK fails

3)SLDAPICUST fails.

But SAPSLDAPI works fine in ECC

1)Message fail in moni in PI

2)SLDCHECK fail in ECC

3)SLDAPICUST fails

Please suggest how this could be fixed?

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you show the configurations in SLDAPICUST.

Is production systems are also in the same versions of ECC and PI.

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also please try to register ECC system details again into SLD from SAP ECC using RZ70 i think after the production copy looks like business systems might have some issues.Once this is done check your business system in SLD to make sure everything looks good.

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also refer this thread which is similar to your issue.

AbapSLDRequestHandler.ping(): server connection... | SCN

Thanks

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan for your help.

Closing this link.This issue is solved.I deleted SLD_NUC and SLD_UC and ran rz70 again.Also I used SLDDSUSER and used corect password and this issue got fixed.

One important point to note in 7.0 is ..Even though while testing SLD_NUC and SLD_UC , if it says program id not registered , still we  SHOULD NOT register it in visual admin.It should run without registering it there and should show an entry in smgw too.

Answers (0)