cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need any mapping Prg to Transfer same msg structure from R/3 2 File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,Michal Krawczyk,Sravya Talanki

just wondering, whether do i need any mapping program to transfer a message from R/3 to File.i mean to say source and target structure is same,but source is IDOC and target is CXML format.

you three are my guru's in XI.

I would really appreciate if you could throw some light on the same.

Regards,

mansoor.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the compliments

But refrain from starting a tharead pinting to specific people. There are many more guru's out here.

Like pointed by others, if source and target use same structure ( same message type ) then there is no need for any mapping.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the prompt reply..

ya i do agree with u ,there are many guru's here.but i am a big fan of u people.

i know ,if its a file to file scenario and even msg structure is same then v can develop our XI interface as a simple FTP with out even touch Repository.

but i don't know how to handle if its IDOC to file..

Bhavesh,

Could you please expalin in detail...

Regards,

hans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Same ,as , we did with mapping , here is dont select interface mapping , only we need to select the IDoc interface as sender and the receiver side file with idoc xml structue interface as reciver interface .

Important is you need to create the xml strcture for IDoc and and import it as exernal definition and create mt, mi for inbound side , these only you need .

No mapping.

to receive the cXML structure , i hope you need to use the modules in receiver side not sure

Regards

Chilla

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just as for a file to file if the strcuture is the same you do not have any mapping , for a Idoc to File you do not have need to have a mapping,

While creating the Inound Message Interface for the file, the message type will be the idoc itself.

Apart from that nothing changes and the configuration remains the same as for an idoc to file.

Look into this blog to see the steps needed to trigger an idoc from aR3 system to Xi and the next blog for the steps in XI,

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

my source structure is IDOC type

and target is the standard schema definition given by client..

here there is no mapping rules and routing logic for me..

regards,

Hans.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

><i>my source structure is IDOC type

and target is the standard schema definition given by client..</i>

if these are diffeerent strucutres you would need a mapping here. Even if they are the same , you will need a straight mapping as the target is not hte Idoc but an XSD.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you dont need mapping.and if the target schema definition is existed in IR, if interface for inbound is created then u dont need to do in IR, got ID and configure accordingly...

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna (Chandra Sekhar),

i have imported idoc in imported objects,which itself acts as a data type ,message type and message interface.for target structure i have created message type which contains XSD as a datatype and created one inbound message interface .

how can i transfer the message from idoc to inbound message type without mapping.

Regards,

Hans.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Mapping is not required where in we have the same source and target structure , and the message type is same , i mean outbound interface and inbound interface are crated from the same message type so u dont need the mesage mapping.

As per your latest explination , you have to use simple one to one mapping , for this u dont do for all fields , just drag the source idoc to xsd and just select both roots and click on the fourth button in mapping editor , it will map all fields automatically..

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the source and target IDOC are same then you don't required Message mapping and Interface mapping.

Still if you want to create MM & IM you can create ..

You required Message mapping and IM when the source and target message types are different.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both source and target structures are the same then no need to do have mapping program.

But in this case IDoc to cXML , actually if want to sedn whole structure of IDoc to file then no need of mapping , trasforing to cXML , you need to use some modules in receiver side i hope

see some related links

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/how%20to%20hand...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?contenttype=url&content=https%3A//forums.sdn.sap.com/t...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d033e63e-0401-0010-3c9c-d246963a...

Regards

Chilla

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you need a message mapping unless

your target format looks exactly like IDOC XML

for IDOCs and XI:

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/10/11/xi-new-book-mastering-idoc-business-scenarios-with-sap-xi"><b>Mastering IDoc Business Scenarios with SAP XI</b></a>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>