SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong commitment item while posting GR

former_member600294
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have created a PO with account assignment category-K and assigned a expenses G/L to it.While doing GRN entry the system is posting the document with the commitment item of the expenses G/L in the GR/IR clearing G/L.

for example

in the expenses G/L commitment item is 9000-30/3

In the GR/IR G/L commitment item is 4000 - 40/3

In both the cases commitment item is derived from the G/L master.

The document is posted as

Expenses G/L Dr. with commitment item-9000

GR/IR Cr. with commitment item - 9000 also.

we are not able to identify why system is behaving like this.

Regards,

Shivaji

17 REPLIES 17

sjajodia
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivaji,

Please activate the trace function in tools for FMDERIVE. This will allow you to see where the GR/IR commitment item is being assigned. Especially check if there is any other rule assigning commitment items besides the CI based on GL Master data rule.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Thank u for your reply.I have assigned the GRIR G/L in derivation rule with business transaction-RMWE and commt.item 4000

I have activated the trace and did the GRN entry.in trace first the expenses g/l is  coming with business transaction-RMWE and it is deriving commt. item from G/L only.Then i changed the G/L to GRIR g/l and executed Derive button it is deriving 4000 only.but unable to find from where it is deriving.can u suggest how to proceed further.

Regards,

Shivaji

0 Kudos

Hi Shivaji,

It seems like your first line is deriving correctly (RMWE is GR and expense CI is from GL). Instead of changing the GL in the second line click cancel to allow the trace to go to the next step. Then check if the correct GR/IR GL is being assigned (comes from account determination). Thencontinue and check the log.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Thanks a lot.As u said again i posted one GRN with trace on.for second line item i clicked the "Exit assignment tab" and in that business transaction is coming as RMHW with same expenses G/L and CI for that expenses G/L.. and also the CC/PC/FC of the first line item which is not required to be there for this GRIR G/L.but I did not find any cancel button in trace.Please suggest how to proceed further.

Regards,

Shivaji

0 Kudos

Hi Shivaji,

I mean the X button in the bottom right. You can click this and advance to the next screen.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shivaji,

But you are right. The GR/IR account is not seen at all in the trace. You have to make sure your account determination is correct and you are using the correct movement (e.g. 101).

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

I tried the same with trace on.what i observed is from the first screen  it is going to the next screen business transaction is coming as RMHW with same expenses G/L and CI for that expenses G/L.. and also the CC/PC/FC of the first line item .there is no account type or DR/CR indicator.Then posting the entry.That means for second line trace is not happening.Please suggest further.

Regards,

Shivaji

0 Kudos

Hi Shivaji,

I think you will need to debug this with the help of an ABAP developer.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Shivaji,

Here is another idea. Create a condition in your main rule to exclude the GR/IR account. Then create a second rule (placed after the first one) to apply only to the GR/IR account. Make sure that the Override with new value flag is active for the CI in the second rule.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Thank u Shyam,

As mentioned by u i did. But the same issue.

I was searching this particular issue in forum also.some reply i am getting as this is a standard behaviour of the system.Derivation rule will not work for GR/IR g/l.it will take the CI from offsetting account only.One note-662097 is also given.Can u suggest on this.

Regards,

shivaji

0 Kudos

Shivaji,

After posting GR there should be only one line for each expense CI in FM. There should be no line in FM for the GR/IR CI (FT =40). You have not clarified what you are getting so I assumed you are getting a posting for the line that has the GR/IR CI but with an expense CI. Is this not the case? Please clarify all the lines you see in FM after posting.

Note 662097 is helpful as it clarifies what you should see in the trace.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi shyam,

While posting the GR this is the entry i am geting which i have already said at the begining.

The document is posted as

Expenses G/L Dr. with commitment item of expenses

GR/IR Cr. with commitment item of expenses

In our case the issue here is budget is allocated to the expenses commitment item .with this GR entry posred on year end budget is nullified.we do not carry forward budget.in the year begining when we do the MIRO while debiting the provision G/L it is asking for budget and does not allow to post.What the user is saying for this expenses we have already provided budget in the previous year then why again for this year for the same.

If this is the standard behaviour of the system them what is the reason behind this.Is there any new note realeased by SAP on this in addition to the note mentioned  above.

Regards,

Shivaji

0 Kudos

Hi Shivaji,

This is not the standard behavior of the system. The credit (GR/IR) line should not be posted to FM at all. Are you using document splitting in the New GL? Are you splitting by commitment item?

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi shyam,

If that is not the standard behaviour then why for our case  system is behaving like this. we have assigned CI for GR/IR G/L in G/L master and also in derivation rule with business transaction.Even then why system is deriving the CI of the expenses for that GR/IR line item while doing the MIGO.So far the document spliting concept is not configured in our system.No new G/L.

Regards,

Shivaji

0 Kudos

Shivaji,

In my system I have two rules:

Rule 1 - Revenue and Expense Account - Derives CI with FT = 30

Rule 2 - GR/IR Account - Derives CI with FT = 40 (Override with New Value Flag Active)

After posting only the expense account line is posted in FM.

BTW what is the GR/IR Update setting in OFUP? In my system it is MM Goods Receipt.

Thanks

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hi shyam,

Thank u.

In my case as both the line items are posting with CI-30 both are posted to FM.In our system update setting in OFUP is GR and INV.

Regards,

Shivaji

0 Kudos

Shivaji,

You should get ABAP help to debug the FM update process or open an OSS message with SAP.

Thanks

Shyam