Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Work Manager Time confirmation on Order Completion

Hello all,

What is the logic behind the times that are defaulted on the "Add time" screen after selecting to complete a Work Order.

I assumed that it keeps track of the time since the order was started. We get what seems to be quite random values defaulted. The example below came up with 15 Minutes, but It was over an hour since I started the order.

Any help will be appreciated.

Lukas

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Lukas,

Assuming you are completing a Work Order, these are the Action Steps that would be followed:

There are execution rules (ExecuteIfCATSEnabledAndCanAddTime and ExecuteIfCATSNotEnabledAndCanAddTime) which will determine which of the sub-actions ( “CATSRecordAddforWorkOrder” or “LabourAdd”) will be called respectively.

Based on your screenshot, looks like you are invoking the “LabourAdd” Action, which in turn is linked to LaborAdd transaction:

This transaction has a field RegHours which has an initial default value rule (before data entry):

This rule has the following (what I consider somewhat cryptic) structure:

Which I have translated in pseudo logic as:

Take the maximum of “0” or result of:

If “WorkOrder>ActualStartDate” is Blank

(Current Date and Time) – WorkOrder>StartDate

Else

(Current Date and Time) – “WorkOrder>ActualStartDate”

The Work Order Start Date and and Actual Start date are set in the “WorkOrderStart” transaction i.e. when the user puts the order into “play” the ActualStartDate and StartDate are set to current date and time:

So the answer to your question (sorry it took so long) is that it depends on the date and time settings of either your IPad or your Windows (WPF) client.

Regards, Warren

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question