cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigational Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I load the data from an excel sheet to the infocube, the navigational attributes although are visible in the Preview are not uploaded to the cube.

Is there any setting for the navigational attribute data to be uploaded to the cube.

Am working on version 5.0.

Regards,

Liz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You load the attribute data as master data separately to the object. Once you maintain it, then load the data to your infocube with transaction data.

Ex:

You have a cube with objects Customer, Sales Org., Product. All three go into separate dimensions. You load data to only these objects and also the key figures involved.

Now lets say, for Customer, you have company code and division. Go to your admin. workbench and for your object customer, maintain attributes country and division. Then load data to this object creating infosource, update rules and infopak. You still need to select the attributes to be navigational or not in infocube design. Then load data to your cube.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by:

Visu Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much Visu.

Regards,

Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Can you please let me know the process you have adopted to load navigational attributes into the info cube? Are you doing a flexible update?

Thanks,

Manu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I understand, the attributes must be maintained as characteristics master data, prior to loading your data.

Cheers

JL