cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ORIGIN_IDs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Origin_Ids are are set in table CUANC_CE_ORIGIN. I have been told that to add Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus I must update a BAdI.

I have discovered in my system I can upload Google Plus Ids without writing a BAdI. The sample contact load has GP populated for a few of the contacts and these create facet records without the need for coding. I then created an interaction record with no identifying field other than a GP. This was successfully linked to one of the contacts.

I have checked CUANC_CE_ORIGIN and can confirm it does not have a value for GP.

On my system Twitter and Facebook are not creating facets and not able to be used to link.

Can someone offer a view as to why Google Plus ids are being accepted?

Also what is the identity of the BAdI I need to update to enable Twitter and  Facebook? I thought it might be BAdI: Interaction Contact Update but the documentation on this mentions contact levels but says nothing about adding new Origin_Ids.

Thanks

Cliff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved!

the three social media types (GooglePlus, Twitter and Facebook) can be set up in customising. They differ from other ORIGIN_IDs in two repects:

First they are not defined in the same spot in SPRO.

• Standard ORIGIN_IDs are set up in SPRO -->SAP Customizing Implementation Guide --> SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence --> Define Settings for Social Media Integration --> Defined Origins of Contact Id.
  • Social Media types are set up in SPRO -->SAP Customer Engagement Intelligence -->Social Contact Intelligence --> Define Settings for Social Media Integration

Secondly the ID field does not have to be unique. You can load two interactions for ORIGIN_ID of "FB" each sharing the same ID. The uniqueness comes in the field SOURCE_OBJECT_ID.

In my system in customising GP was set on and the other two were set off. As soon as I turned them on the system allowed me to load data for them. 

Cliff

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cliff,

There must be some communication gap.  ORIGIN_ID are part of config under contact engagement in SPRO( you dont need to update any BADI).  Can you please download the step by step instructions (especially go through the PDF file) mentioned in the following blog for some overview of adding "new source" 

All structured data from 3rd party data sources is loaded as interactions Loading Interactions into SAP hybris Marketing - YouTube

All unstructured data (social media, emails..etc) are loaded as "social media" data so that sentiment analysis can be done.  Example is shown here: Loading Social Media Data into SAP hybris Marketing - YouTube

Also, without seeing your interaction example, it is hard to say why google plus ID went through fine. 

You need to enhance BADI only if you want to change the logic of merging contacts (instead of email/phone).  If you want to add new data source (twitter, facebook, shop system, Sales system...etc,) it is config under contact engagement in SPRO)

Thanks

-Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again. I have used the two links you sent as my guide.

I generated the Template Interaction Contact and then loaded that data. It includes Facebook, Twitter and GooglePlus ids as the last three columns. The GooglePlus columns generated Facets but the other two didn't.

I examined CUANC_CE_ORIGIN to check whether it carried GP as an ORIGIN_ID and it does not.

I then created an interaction with ORIGIN_ID of "GP" and ID of "gpchris3213." These values match the GP facet for Christa Resnik on the contact load. The web interface of yMkt shows the interaction is now linked to that contact.

From this I conclude the logic of merging contacts is already able to handle GP.

If I understand your reply, to add FaceBook I'd need to modify CUANC_CE_ORIGIN under SPRO. However GP is working without this modification so I'm unclear why TW and FB would need it.

As I want to change the logicof merging contacts (i.e. use FB and TW as well as phone, email etc) I assume I need to alter the BAdI. Which BAdI should I alter?

Thanks again

Cliff