IW31 : Hide Order Types
We have implemented PM in different countries with different company codes and each country have separate Order types as well.
When user create Maintenance Order, I want to restrict the display of F4 help inputs of other country Order types.
Is there any solution other than Personal List? (Seems its a tedious task to create Personal List one by one to each user)
(I have restrict the order types using authorization objects, but still values are display in F4 help)
Thanks in Advance
Jogeswara Rao K replied
This has been discussed in all modules but I am afraid any direct solution was ever reached in the context of Standard transactions.
Option1:Types will be visible but User will not be allowed to create unauthorized Order types:
Here the various ways can be:
- Through Roles using I_AUART authorization object.
- Through BAdi IWO1_ORDER_BADI (method AUTHORITY_CHECK_AUART_ACTIVIT )
- Through user-exit IWO10009: Here as you know system stops the user from creating an Order at the time of Saving. It is obvious that the code logic needs to retrieve the info about to which country the user belongs. ABAPer can do it from userId tables or if necessary through a Z-table. (In the case of Ztable it will have UserId, Country.). Entitlement of Order type will be coded in the Exit based on country.
Option2: If F4 help must be filtered then the guidelines for development can be:
- Create a screen to run IW31 indirectly.
- Implement the code explained in this link to restrict the F4 help values.
- Have country-wise tcodes and the Roles (Authorization) accordingly.
- Obviously in such case authorization to run IW31 tcode will be withdrawn.