Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW31 : Hide Order Types

former_member245085
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have implemented PM in different countries with different company codes and each country have separate Order types as well.

When user create Maintenance Order, I want to restrict the display of F4 help inputs of other country Order types.

Is there any solution other than Personal List? (Seems its a tedious task to create Personal List one by one to each user)

(I have restrict the order types using authorization objects, but still values are display in F4 help)

Please advice

Thanks in Advance

Ashok M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

This has been discussed in all modules but I am afraid any direct solution was ever reached in the context of Standard transactions.

Option1:Types will be visible but User will not be allowed to create unauthorized Order types:

Here the various ways can be:

1. Through Roles using I_AUART authorization object.
  2. Through BAdi IWO1_ORDER_BADI (method AUTHORITY_CHECK_AUART_ACTIVIT )
  3. Through user-exit IWO10009: Here as you know system stops the user from creating an Order at the time of Saving. It is obvious that the code logic needs to retrieve the info about to which country the user belongs. ABAPer can do it from userId tables or if necessary through a Z-table. (In the case of Ztable it will have UserId, Country.). Entitlement of Order type will be coded in the Exit based on country.

Option2: If F4 help must be filtered then the guidelines for development can be:

• Create a screen to run IW31 indirectly.
  • Implement the code explained in this link to restrict the F4 help values.
  • Have country-wise tcodes and the Roles (Authorization) accordingly.
  • Obviously in such case authorization to run IW31 tcode will be withdrawn.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

former_member245085
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jogeswara,

I think "Personal List" will be the best option as we are not supposed to implement any WRICEF.

Do we have option in SAP  to mass maintenance the "Personal List"? ( May be in BASIS )

IF you know please let me know.

Thanks again

AM

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Ashok,

I haven't touched that because your query did not want that. Definitely Personal list is a sort of alternative to the subject query. but the difficulty of manually configuring for all users stands. Yes, as you rightly said BASIS people might suggest any short-cut or method of mass configuring for this. But I'm not hopeful about any readily known solution for that. (It might need to directly tamper the related table.)

May go through this link for academic interest: Personal Values List and Table DDSHPVAL50

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

former_member245085
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks  You very much Jogeswara,

Answers (0)