SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part payment of document with FPY1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am processing outgoing payments through FPY1 for the Business partners. I have requirement where i need to make the partial re-payment of the advance received from BP through FPY1.

In case, if there is one document with an amount 1000/- i am able to process through FPY1 for the total amount.

but here my requirement is only process 400/- out of 1000/- through FPY1, please suggest how could i meet my requirement through FPY1.

Thanks for your help in advance

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to Bill's comments on splitting the item, that can be accomplished via tcode FP06 in document change mode. There a documentation icon at the top of the screen on how to navigate to split documents .

Regards,

Ivor

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Aditya:

You need to split the line item and then mark one of the sub-items for repayment.

regards,

bill.

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to Bill's comments on splitting the item, that can be accomplished via tcode FP06 in document change mode. There a documentation icon at the top of the screen on how to navigate to split documents .

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Thanks for your update, Ivor and Williams, As per your update, i am able to split the amount in to two with same document number(1000= 600/- + 400/-).

I have enabled the system settings in such a way, that when i execute FPY1, if there is an credit item for the BP, System will be paying the amount of credit item automatically.

Here as i want to pay back only 400/- out of 1000/-. i have enabled block for 600/- manually and processed for 400/- through payment run.

Is there any way that i can remove the block i have updated for 600/- automatically after executing the payment run.

Thanks

Aditya

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

You can achieve the removal of the block by placing a short duration for the Payment Block when you first place the block  (e.g. for 2-3 days or even 1 day).

This way you wouldn't have to use an enhancement.

If you must automate, you can explore the FICA events 600 to 690 to see in what sequence they are triggered (in de-bug mode with a developer) during the Payment run.

While I don't see any specific 600 series Payment Run FICA event that states "Additional actions after clearing", you could perhaps explore the usage the FICA Clearing Events (i.e. 100 series).

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Thanks for your update Ivor,

I am able to meet my requirement with no.of days update.