Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process for Payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is my concern:

When ever there is a Payment Made (All the possible modes) it gets linked up to Contract. Now if this Payment is Reset Cleared then this document is still linked to the Contract. Which is what i want to get rid off.

I have tried looking into the configuration, but is of no help :

Financial Accounting -> CA & receivable -> Basic Functions -> Open Item Management -> Define Default Values for Resetting Clear.

Financial Accounting -> CA & receivable -> Basic Functions -> Open Item Management -> Define Default for Resetting Clear.

Have tried debugging the transaction FP07 to search for events which could be utilized to achieve the results is of no use.

Sequence of Events Called:

0060      -              Posting: Check Document Header

0062      -              Posting: Exchange Posting Date

0071      -              Posting: Check if Clearing Reset is Permitted

0064      -              Posting: Authorization for Contract

0032      -              Posting: Create Additional Line Items

0061      -              Posting: Check Complete Document, Set Customer Fields 

0020      -              Posting: Document/Clearing Completed (No Number)

0030      -              Posting: Document Number Assigned

0041      -              Posting: Add Open Item Acctg to Cash Mgmt Data

0150      -              Clearing Reset: Additional Fields for New Items

1320      -              Document: Add Data for Application Areas

0040      -              Posting: Check Open Item Accounting Item

1320      -              Document: Add Data for Application Areas

Out of which i feel that Event: 71/32/20/40 is what i feel could be helpful for me if i do more research on this.

I have also tried the Option of "Whole Clearing + Create New Line Item" & it does remove the contract from the newly posted RC document but with the document type "RC - 0060/0010" unlike the "Whole Clearing + Retain Distribution" which retains the Payment Document with document type "MP - 0060/0020".

Can you please help me with this at the earliest.

Thanking You in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps you should processing a Return - Tcode FP09  (without a charge) on the Payment document.

Then post a payment on account for the same amount (this is a flag in the payment Lot  - Post payment on account).

Regards,

Ivor

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Standard SAP reset clearing functionality is primarily designed for breaking the relationship b/w a debit and a credit item of cleared FICA documents.

The outcome of an Reset clearing depends on the option that you choose in FP07

(a) Create a new open item in the amount of the clearing document.

(b) Retain the distribution to contract account and contracts

(c) Post the Clearing amount to the Clarification account.

Now if you want to move the reset cleared payment document from the Contract Account, then you can use either option(b) or Option (c)

In option (b), once the reset clearing is performed, the payment will be sitting at the contract level as payment on account and then you can use FP08 to transfer the payment document to clarification work list, from where it can be routed to other account. So its a two step process.

In option (c), reset cleared payment is directly posted to clarification worklist.

However these option will only work for payments through lots, if there is a Direct debit payment that you want to reset clear it will not go to clarification.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Vivek:

Try sending it to clarification instead.

regards,

bill.