cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impacts of one warehouse for multiple plants (These plants are a block away)

kartheek_epuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There are two plants pretty close by. One produces material and other stores and distributes material. We have implemented storage unit management in distribution plant and label material's with SU number as soon as we receive them into warehouse. Half of the products in warehouse are received from production plant which is a block away and Material handler will touch every pallet to put environmental label on it. We want to implement warehouse management in production plant and use the same warehouse number. one of the reason would be to reduce the labeling time at receiving plant. Please suggest if it is a good idea to use same warehouse for multiple plants and how to protect SU while moving from one plant to another plant. (STO process without loosing SU's).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kartheek_epuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Goal was to save labels while moving from place to another as these locations are close by. Based on our discussion we cannot save SU's without adding work to the labor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karteek

You can use one warehouse for two plant , its possible & what you are asking protect the SU in STO  process , it can be happened , because SU depends on storage type & Warehouse , if SU activated in storage type  level . all the configuration if do properly  , like SUT & Bin type & parallelization data in material master WM view-2 , then SU number will not miss .

SU number will miss if you transfer SU to non SU area , then at that time SU will be missed .

You can SU - External number also .

but my opinion , what I did my last project , We received the material at production storage location (Non-WM) & then transfer it WM storage location . SU was properly saved ,

You can do also plant to plant move  - with reference to 301 movement type .

But  in both process STO or plant to plant transfer in Inventory management , you are not going to loose the SU .

kartheek_epuri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Mishra for taking time and trying to help.

Users are labeling products with hazardous label during production and doesn't want to touch every pallet again for pasting SU labels on it. When we perform STO's or Plant to Plant moves with 301. Do we need to send stock to interim storage area (916) for shipping. Will this not loose SU's ?

Plant A (Production plant)- Create SU while receiving stock from production and store on dock(storage type) ---> create Delivery against STO---> Create TO and pick stock and this will move stock to storage type 916. is there any different way to perform this process ??

Plant B(Receiving Plant)

Can you please elaborate your process and what measures are you taking to protect SU's without loosing them ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not aware of any standard way to keep the same SU when doing a plant to plant or storage location to storage location transfer because these posting us interum storage types that are not SU managed. At least not without HUM.

I would suggest the development of a custom RF transaction that will behave the same way as SAP standard BIN-to-BIN RF transaction. In the background the system will perform you plant to plant movements and store the source SU as destination SU from the use of customs tables.

I have never used the same warehouse number for two plants because I like to have separate shipping points for each warehouse so I might be wrong, but that is my opinion

Kind regards,

JR

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you will do plant to plant move with reference to 301 movement type in inventory management , material will go to interim area - 922 not to 916 , if you with reference to STO then it will go to 916 .

And in 301 process system will ask you to which SU you want to move & select those & transfer system will not loose the SU ,

If you seem SU will be loosed then you can go through external SU ,  it can be protected .

But I am saying just test the scenario & check ,I hope you will get .

Regards

Dillesh