cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect "Latest Version" Reported by SAP in DIRs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

One of our user found an anomaly on a few DIRs where SAP lists a lower version of the DIR as the "latest version" rather than the highest revision number; e.g. on DIR# XXXXXXXX, it states "Latest Version on 06/17/2015 DRW/XXXXXXX/000/03," even though a higher version exists (ver. 04).

After discussing the issue with engineering change coordinator, it appears that this may have been caused by a bug; no-one ordered the latest version to be changed to the lower revision numbers.

It needs to be corrected so that latest version is the highest revision number:

Any pointers on how this should be done will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Tushar,

As I tried to explain in your raised SAP support ticket this situation could be normal because an user can edit version 00 at a later point of time compared to higher versions like 04. Please read the information at http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Logic+for+current+and+all+version which explains different scenarios.

Best regards,

Christoph Hopf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Thanks for your reply..

We have tried to convince same thing to user.

But our user still want to know if one can edit version 00 at a later point of time, then why it is not possible to edit version 04.

I have gone through your document and found this situation is normal.But still user want to see latest dates are updated in version 04 only and not on version 00.

Please let me know if there is any possibility to do this.

Regards

Tushar

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

generally there is no restriction to change the status for older versions in CV02N for example. So it is possible to edit each existing version and if someone changes the status of version 00 he is able to do this if the status network allows a next status, even if there are higher versions like 04.

I'm not sure why version 04 cannot be edited? Does the user get an error message or something like that? What I can think of is that the status of version 04 is of type 'S' which means a lock status and so not all changes can be executed.

If you want to avoid that users change older versions I think a special authorization check is required which can be implemented by using BADI DOCUMENT_AUTH01 for example.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I agree with you... Actually for latest version 04 which is at present Released, we have changed status manually to IW. As in Released status, it is not possible to do any changes.

But still in IW status, I am not sure how can current date can be changed.

I could see Valid from Date in Document tab, but same is also greyed out and hence can not change it all. I am not receiving any error message as well.

Is there any alternative way to do changes so that version 04 date can be updated

If possible, please share step by step instructions.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I guess, you have to change your current process a little bit.

As per my knowledge, if you are releasing any DIRs, its means its approved and available for other departments for further activities.

In case there are changes in release DIRs, you should set some other status (like Obsolete or Deleted) to existing DIR and create new version, do changes and release it again for users.

Create obsolete status in such a way that user can't do any changes nor allowed to change status. So that there will be no confusion in latest versions as well and later these DIRs can be used as reference for changes if required.

Hope this will help you.

/Tilak Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

Thanks for your reply... But it looks little difficult at this stage to change current process and our users are not ready for that.

Hi Christoph,

I have closed SAP ticket based on your advise that you will updating your comments in the thread here.

Is there any alternative way to do changes so that version 04 date can be updated

If possible, please share step by step instructions.

Please confirm.

Regards

Tushar

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

could you please tell me more about the changes you made now for version 04 or if there is an error message raised in CV02N.

Because normally if you can go to CV02N and change the status of the document to another value and save the change should be logged in the "Status log" as well.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I have changed status of version 04 from RL to IW.. Then I have changed description of DIR by adding some characters in Description.

Then again I have modified status from IW to RL. Now if i check in status log, it still shows old date of year 2012.

Regards

Tushar

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Tushar,

thanks for the steps. Did you press the SAVE button after changing the status from RL to IW. If not maybe the correction in SAP note 1390368 could be useful for you.

Because in the past it was possible to switch from "Release" status to another one, do changes and switch back without logging the changes.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

Yes, I pressed SAVE button after changing status from RL to IW..

But it still did not update in status log....

I am checking correction that u suggested on SAP note and will get back if it helps.

Regards

Tushar

Answers (0)