cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned order dating on a holiday by capacity leveling.

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a scenario that we are currently investigating and wanted to run it by the forum for any ideas/suggestions.

Step 1: Heuristics creates a planned order for 8/27 which is a Thursday for that week WK35. We are planning in weekly buckets.

Step 2: When we run capacity leveling it moves around orders like it is expected to but it is creating it for 8/24 which is a Monday for that week 35. We are still in weekly buckets.

But the problem here is that 8/24 is a holiday on the factory calendar, production calendar, resource calendar. Now when this planned order goes to ECC it gets moved to the earliest working day which is 8/21 which is the friday of previous week and gets back to APO on the wrong week (WK34) in this case.

SNP Heuristics is run first.

SNP Capacity leveling is run next with a optimizer method with both forward and backward leveling.

Sufficient time gap is given between Heuristics and optimizer for the orders to flow into ECC and get back into APO.

Question:

1) Why does heuristic and capacity leveling (opt method) create orders on 2 different days in a week?

2) How do we ensure capacity leveling (opt method) respects my calendars?

or

3) How do I ensure ECC lets me keep the planned orders on a holiday?

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Typically, SNP uses calendars ( /sapapo/calendar) that are assigned to location master

The Global SNP Settings are defined to consider the resource calendar. Then resource calendar is considered, if you have not defined then production calendar in the location will consider. Please verify the same.

You can also use period factor to determine where in the bucket snp creates the order.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Thank you. However all that seems to be in order. If I run heuristics method, it still puts it on the right days, it is just the optimizer method will bring it to a Monday date.

Mani