cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Logon Page in Portal 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to change the branding image of portal (7.4).

I got the below War and Jar files

1. tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war from <drive>:\\usr\\sap\\<SID>\\J00\\j2ee\\cluster\\apps\\sap.com\\com.sap.security.core.logon\\servlet_jsp\\logon_ui_resources\\tc~sec~ume~logon~ui.war

and

2.  tc~sec~ume~logon~logic_api.jar from drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\sap.com\com.sap.security.core.logon\servlet_jsp\logon_app\root\WEB-INF\lib

When I imported the war file into NWDS, I am getting the build errors. I added the required jar file to the WEB-INF folder and to the Build Path. But still I have build errors.

I also refered the below docs.

Customizing Logon Page on Portal 7.3

SAP Portal Logon Page Customization

Could anyone help me?

Please find the attached screenshots for reference.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DK007
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ignore these build errors in Eclipse. Deploy and restart server and check whether your changes are taking effect or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jun Wu and Dheeram

I Will deploy and check.

Regards

Kumar

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

Just reviewing your discussion with Jun and Dheeram kindly let me know if you have any follow on issues or queries and feel free to reach me directly on SCN if its more feasible

Kindly update me as per your findings.

Kind Regards

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy Cronin.

Sure, I will definitely reach you if I encounter any issues.

Regards

Kumar

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

That is no problem let me know if you need any help

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Troy,

I have replaced the Get Support link in CerLogonPage.jsp and logonPage.jsp and added a new branding image file.

I deployed the EAR file.

Then changed the UME properties (image, alias)

Restarted the portal server.

I can see the new branding image only in http://<host>:<port>/nwa/auth logon page.

I can't see any image in http://<host>:<port>/irj/portal logon page

And Get Support link is still open the "Having Trouble logging in?" page.

Did I miss any steps while deploy?

Thanks

Thruna

stefan_mahnke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thruna,

did you use in the nwa URL the https protocol and port and in the /irj/portal URL the http or vice versa? Then one of the pages is working and the other one isn't.

Only a guess.

Regards Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

I tried both HTTP and HTTPS in nwa url and portal url.

I can only see the image in nwa url (HTTP & HTTPS).

Thanks

Thruna

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thruna/Stefan

Apologies for the short delay in response as I am only seeing this updated posting now

Now regarding the scenario Thruna mentioned: replacing "Get Support" link in CerLogonPage.jsp and logonPage.jsp and added a new branding image file and subsequently deployed the EAR file.

As you mentioned there is the possibility that this could be deployment related. Now in order to check this and proceed with analysis you can check the deployment  by navigating to :

\usr\sap\<sid>\<instance-id>\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment,\pcd ,\tempand \pcdContent

• If you find any files with .err extension there, kindly remove the .err extension.
  • Then restart the J2EE engine.

Should the issue still not be resolved and there does not exist any.err files,kindly locate following * files in the deployment directory and remove the * extension and restart the J2EE engine.

com.sap.portal.design.dataprovider.par.bak
com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata.par.bak
com.sap.portal.design.themepartregistration.par.bak
com.sap.portal.design.urdesigndata.par.bak

Note: Please make sure that you do not delete the entire file,you onlyneed to remove the .err or * extension.

Lastly after performing the checks outlined above kindly proceed and check the PCD inconsistencies as per note number 1086644.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Troy,

I have checked the folders for .err and * extension files.
in the below folder locations.

\usr\..\deployment - no .err files

\usr\...\depoloyment\pcc - no .err files

I don't find pcd, temp and pcdcontent folders under \usr\sap....\deployment folder.

\usr\sap\...\deployment - folder has only pcc folder.

pcc folder has META-INF folder and com.sap.portal.pcc.test.par and src.zip.index files.

Thanks

Thruna

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thruna

I hope you are doing well and many thanks for taking the time to perform the checks we discussed previously.

Now as per your analysis findings it seems the deployment returns fine with no discrepancies or incompletion.

Therefore I would recommend capturing a default trace file to see if you can highlight any potential theming errors (TOL) and post a screenshot here so I can take a look.

Reference Thread : https://scn.sap.com/thread/481780

Kind Regards

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't be scared, those error don't matter.