Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Data to File Adapter

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SCN users,

Usually we configure File channel to Poll the file directory to Pick the files.

I have requirement of sending the file instead of polling(Whenever Client require to send the file they will send)

Is this requirement feasible through any configurations?

Regards

Raghuraman S

SAP PI/PO consultant.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

PI does not receive any notification when a file is dropped at File landing zone and that's why File adapter does polling. I am not sure there is anyway to stop File adapter from polling. But you can control File Polling intervals and Date/Time to pick up.

Please find below document:

SAPTechnical.COM - Polling v/s ATP

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Nabendu

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

You should use a receiver file or SFTP adapter to send the files. Also, you have more options as send the file in a SOAP or Mail attachment. You should ask your partner what is the protocol that they can deal more comfortably, i mean: NFS, FTP, SFTP, FTPS, SOAP or Mail.

Also you should know how the files are going to come to PI, may be you can need to do a poll on the sender side, or the sender system can send the files as attachments.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

Requirement is from sender side adapter, not receiver

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Whenever Client require to send the file they will send)

If you really want to achieve that using File sender adapter then how about sharing the external control URL of that channel with your client. That way they can start it from their application/browser to transfer the files on the need basis.

Controlling a Communication Channel Externally - Process Integration Monitoring - SAP Library

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Hareesh,

Hope this will be helpful