cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Tables DD02L/T and DD08L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have the SLT server in place to replicate/load data from 15 ECC located across the world into our Hana database to enable central reporting. For a few ECC systems we use the CO-PA Sidecar option so for those systems we use real time replication but the other systems only use a schedule once a day to load delta's into Hana.

A few systems located in Asia are relating on old hardware for the development and acceptance systems and they have a very poor line connection between Hana and their ECC system. For that reason we decided to only load data into Hana once and reload the data if a refresh is needed. However, as soon as you create an SLT replication configuration it automatically replicates the tables 'DD02L, DD02T and DD08L'. We do not use the data provisioning of the Hana studio but add the tables to be loaded/replicated manually through transaction LTRC. So we do not need an overview of the tables which exists on the ECC side.

Is it supported (are problems expected) to simply delete the replication of the DD02L, DD02T and DD08L tables of the configuration? Reason is that for all objects which are in replication the system will perform a lot of checks on the ECC side to see for example if the trigger is still there. Normally this shouldn't give issues but due to the very slow connection these RFC calls take up quiet some time. Since we don't replicate any data on development and acceptance it only is checking the triggers for these standard tables which we would love to remove form the list if it doesn't give any side effect.

Does anyone know if there would be any negative side effect (besides an not up-to-date table view in the Hana studio provisioning) when we simply remove the replicated DD02L, DD02T and DD08L tables from the configuration (we could even re-add them as a loaded object)?

Kind Regards,

Nico van der Linden

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the DD* tables are only required to get the overview of the available tables in HANA. No need to have them in replication.

SLT has one global control table: IUUC_REPL_HEAD

Within this table we store the information which tables will be replicated automatically. You could set the DD* tables to load only (2) or create only (1).

Best, Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great Tobias,

Thanks for your quick reply and good to know of this option. Then I will change the default behavior to only load the data once for these tables and for the configurations already created I will stop the replication and just then add it again as a "load".

Kind regards,

Nico van der Linden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I made the changes and it works fine so thanks for that!

I do have another question regarding the scheduled background jobs on the SLT side though. Under the administration area you can change the job user and that works fine. So I changed the user to be a batch user so that it doesn't execute under my own name but I still have some other jobs running under mine or other colleague accounts.

One example is the "/1LT/IUC_REP_MSTR" job. When I look at SM50 I see for example the programs "IUUC_MONITOR_SCHEMA, CL_BAL_DB_SEARCH and CL_DMC_STRUCTFIELD" How can I change the user under which these jobs/programs run?

Kind Regards,

Nico van der Linden

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, these are "global" jobs and do not refer to one specific configuration. Can you start these jobs with one "SLT USER" ?

Best, Tobias

Answers (0)