cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maximize use of Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I wanted to ask a general question about SAP Solution Manager. I currently work as a Production Change Control Analyst at my company and we use this tool for documenting our SAP changes. My team is a governance team that only oversees other functions/teams to ensure they are doing their work and following our processes.

I simply hand over templates to teams so they can document their work as they go and progress the status of their documents to complete in SAP Solution Manager. However, I am using a very tiny feature of this tool....what are other ways I can utilize this to truly drive value and maximize the use of this tool?

I am looking for any or all information to answer this question whether detailed or high level. I'd like to learn more about this tool myself and get ideas on how it can be better used.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

Today we discussed here about the SolMan documentation in this thread. There are lots of docs on the help.sap.com sites. But you may find simple answers here as well: link1 and link2.

Cheers,

Peter

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your resources this is very helpful and was what I was looking for.

I now have a lot to read!

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

1st of all, what is suggested above by Peter and Tom, should be checked.

Also, to get a preview of what solution manager is capable of - have a look at below spaces:

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/SAP%20Support%20Portal/support-programs-services/solutio...

SAP Solution Manager WIKI - General Topics - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

And best place to start learning is from SAP itself.

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards,

P.S. - Sorry for so many links

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin

SAP Solution Manager | SAP Support Portal

You can get an overview there of the different processes / scenarios that exist for SAP Solution Manager.

Best regards

Tom