cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining multiple shipments into one shipment.

0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

I have a requirement in which we create multiple shipments for deliveries for a specific carrier .Further we need to group together multiple such shipments into a collective SAP document ( i.e a higher level shipment). I know there is a option in VT01n to  add shipments similar to add deliveries . But for some reason it isn't working as expected . After I add shipments ,while saving I get a message on the save dialogue  "shipment being saved without deliveries ,save anyways" .Once saved a new shipment is created. But when I open the new shipment ,it does not contain any documents. Has any one worked on this kind of scenario ? Appreciate your thoughts/inputs on this.

rgds,

Samir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

You can remove all the deliveries from the shipments and club them to single newly created shipment as the transporting planning point is same.

Regards,

Ravi

philippe_marque
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

A delivery must be at the end in one transport. when you add ashipment and move your deliveries to the new shipment they are removed from the old one. If you just create / add a new shipment and save, then the message is also correct because ou didn't assign any delivery to it.

What is your business scenario ? cross-docking ? shipments with multi-legs ??

With VT11 you can also reorganise your shipments, but the rule is one delivery in one shipment with status planned.

Rgds,

Philippe

0 Kudos

Hi Phillippe,

Thanks for your response. I will give some more details-

The shipments I am trying to club under higher level document are having a delivery inside each of them. Still I am getting the message which is confusing.

We are trying to print a combined loading list for the carrier for the consignment that will be shipped . So in our process a consignment could be of more than one shipments depending upon the capacity of the carrier. So we want to create a consignment which could be used to print the loading list. This loading list will have the list of all deliveries from all the shipments that the carrier will be carrying.

Any means of doing this in standard sap...

rgds,

Samir

philippe_marque
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

This is not possible in SAP Standard.

The consignment is one shipment and will allow you to print the loading list. This shipment must contain all the deliveries.

Rgds,

Philippe