cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Forms Buttons not working at all, Urgent Help needed!

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we have problem with interactive forms in IE, we have some Interactive form processes, they works fine but in some computers NONE of buttons in form works! this is a ZCI Layout form, and as far as it works fine for some staff then definitely it must be a problem with IE or java. None of submit button or even NEXT button (standard button) are not working and when i press the button it just shows LOADING animated pic and nothing happens at all, and also it does not call the back-end system and keep showing loading pic for long time.

But the question is, have anybody faced such problem with adobe forms in IE? does it need special version of JAVA environment, security config or etc in client PC?

Regards,

ALI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Problem resolved, or better to say the root cause pointed. I found some staffs are using x64 version of windows o/s and by default when you click on IE icon the 64bit version gonna run.

Adobe Interactive forms not gonna work and also process form web dynpro application in X64 bit system IEx64, somehow CODES behind your UI very very Strangely does not work.

So, i just run IE32bit in 64 bit system(both 32 and 64 bit versions of IE available in x64 windows) and TADAAA, it works normally.

Thats all.

Thank you for all answers.

Regards,

ALI.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to PAM IE10 64bits is not supported.
There's also the note below.

1672817 - Browser: IE/Edge: Central Internet Explorer Support Policy Note

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

We are facing similar sort of problem in Web Dynpro Java and are unable to make out the issue.

Please let me know if you found any solution.

Regards,

Kunal

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

unfortunately problem is still persist, but our case is not client program and its standard web dynpro application to run HCM forms. however in some cases for user developed apps that might be problem with ZCI Scripts (web dynpro script), some gurus recommended to update script in pdf form.

In case of standard app, we are still straggling with this issue. Im gonna update this thread as soon as we were able to solve it.

Regards,

ALI.

S0009780321
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ali,

Just seen this and wondering if you have used ALD version 10.4 to edit the template and your buttons have any calculate events on them?

We did note when using our SAP E-Forms that the later editor forced such buttons to be read only. We overcame this by adding a this.presence = "open"; in the initialise event of the impacted buttons.

This might be worth a go?

You might also like to check out FLM from Arch as a simpler way to drive more benefit from PDF with less heartache and provide a route to HTML for mobile use.

Good luck,

Sam

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

thanks for your respond, first of all we are using integrated ALD latest version and we are not using any template,as a matter of fact the problem is not just about Buttons in pdf form, but every button in page (dynpro standard buttons) have same problem and its like browser does not react correctly to any event like calling backend or send form to next step.

even NEXT button is not working correctly,  and when i click on it Loading logo show up and nothing gonna happen after that.

about FLM by Arch, doesn't it mean that we need a contract and pay the price? i do agree it is very useful but it takes some time to change to new method and we don't have that much of time and its hard to convince our self to forget about standard Interactive Forms.

Regards,

Ali

S0009780321
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ali,

Any recent changes or updates to your ABAP/Java stack support package levels (i.e. they are not aligned) or local operating system?

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI SAM,

No, not really and that is the complicated part of story, while its working for some staff without problem, small number of them can not use it for very strange reason. i believe its might be a problem with IE or JAVA. sap restriction for using different explorer is killing and guess what ADOBE INTERACTIVE not gonna work out of IE at all (at least not for EHP5).

Regards,

ALI.

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

for some clarification: we have done following actions but it does not help:

• re-installing IE
  • re-installing Acrobat Reader XI
  • Installing ACF activex control

but none of them were helpful!

istvan_janosi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

first question: is this a Web Dynpro ABAP or Web Dynpro JAVA application?

best regards
Istvan

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Istvan

this is web dynpro ABAP app.

regards,

former_member183069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Please check in some other browser, or check in the IE lower versions.

Some webdynpro UI will not support in latest versions.

istvan_janosi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

where is the Submit and the Next buttons placed? Inside the PDF or on the Web Dynpro Page?
Can you check the test application WDR_TEST_ADOBE from the problematic clients?

I would check and compare the following versions:

- OS
- browser
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat
- java versions

- Reader Plugin
- are there any other Adobe products installed?

Best regards
Istvan

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI karthikeyan

this is IE 8, and other client have same IE and Adobe version without problem.

Regards,

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Istvan,

as a matter of fact the SUBMIT BUTTON IS A SEARCH BUTTON THAT SUPPOSE to retrieve data from backend(PT) and it is located in PDF form, NEXT button is a standard webdynpro button outside of pdf.

Here these are system information:

O/S: win 7 64bit

Browser : IE 8

Adobe: 11.0

java: 1.6/1.7

and i think there is no ADOBE software installed.

for your consideration, most of pcs in company have similar config as i mentioned above.

REgards,

ALI

istvan_janosi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

as general recommendation you can

- delete browser cache,

- disable all browser addons.

Regards

Istvan

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Istvan,

as i mentioned before i have tried all these ways even re-installing browser and Adobe reader.

I am wondering why PDF is full of such problems. it takes more than two weeks and no progress and  it is very painful to end it with re-installing O/S.

Regards,

ALI

istvan_janosi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

check out whether you are using the latest version of ZCI:

1077953 - Latest ZCI Script

and update it if not.

Best regards
Istvan

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Istvan,

i`v done all the changes, i do believe this is one of those Thousands windows or IE or JAVA incompatibilities which nobody faced or better to say its a bit rare and unfortunately SAP does not touched it. our PDF-Based processes works fine for some people while small number of staff faced this problem. we tried everything other than re-installing O/S.

Thank you very much for your concern.

Regards,

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ali,

Try with Adobe Reader 7.0 or 8.0 Version

Regards

Prashanth