cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not variable found with identifier 'pmxxx'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a webi built over 2 BEx Queries (OLAP Connections).

From the BEx Queries we have 3 authorization variables (not ready for input) plus other 4 variables which are displayed as prompts.

In webi, in every query, we have two other variable.

In total we have 6 prompts (4 from BEx + 2 from webi).  In both Queries variables and prompts are the same, so they are perfectly merged.

The problem is that we have the following error when trying to refresh the prompt values:

in Rich Client:

In LaunchPad:

It's complaining about both prompts built on webi (not from BEx).

We cannot put these two prompts in BEx due to different reasons (we have tried everything), so the thing is that we don't know where this error comes from.

Do you know why this is happening?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Well, as sometimes happens, after posting a Discussion here, solution is found 🙂

The problem is in BO variables DESCRIPTION.

I mean, in the screenshot I put, the two BO variables are "Sociedad" and "Centro".

Testing, I found out that if I change the description to "Sociedad:" and "Centro:", problem is solved!

Just putting ':' in the description!!

We are in BO 4.1 SP3, and when we were in BO 4.0 SP5 it didn't happen, we could put any description. Probably is a version limitation...

Thanks for your interest.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to search by * in the search box you will get complete list after that select the country

Note

the value in country field may contain 1000/pmcentro

or etc

bosegsap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Albert

1)Were you able to run Bex query if so does the Object pulling data or not

2)After defining Queries in BO i.e (Q1,Q2) did u try running these queries separately in successful mode by placing the above Object as Parameter?

Regards

Bose