Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate ' User Time Zone ' field in ECC using GRC AC 10.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having a requirement from my client where they want ' User Time Zone ' field in SU01 in User Defaults tab to get populated automatically using GRC AC 10.1 . The system Time Zone is INDIA. There can be many users who will be logging into the ECC system from different countries and operating in different time zones which would be different than the system time zone. All the users will be using the same  ECC system for business use. So there will be only one connector for ECC system in GRC . This is very critical with respect to the business needs of the client.

For Eg. : If there is a user from UK whose access needs to be created in ECC through GRC. The system time zone is INDIA. But while provisioning users time zone of UK should get populated in the User's time zone field in ECC system. It should not be a manual activity.

Please refer the below screenshot for more details.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

16 REPLIES 16

alessandr0
Active Contributor

Dear Rahul,

therefore use User Default functionality in Access Control. Go to SPRO > GRC > AC > User Provisioning > Maintain User Defaults.

Set the time zone as shown above.

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

Thank you for your quick reply.

But the field highlighted by you in the screenshot is of ' System Time zone ' and not of ' User Time zone '.

Please find the below screenshot.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

as far as I know the personal time zone gets updated with the user defaults. Do you have the possibility to test the scenario?

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

With ' user defaults ' in SPRO of GRC, we can set System time zone and not User time zone.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Kindly take help of basis team.

they will do the changes in tcode STZAC.

Regards,

Reddy

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

There is a wiki page that explain what are the best practice for timezone changes.

Timezone changes best practices - Basis Corner - SCN Wiki

BR,

Ovidiu

0 Kudos

Hello Hancila , Hello Reddy,

Thank you for your inputs ... STZAC is really a valuable T-code but in my scenario will it help ?

I am trying to populate value in ' User time zone ' field for user in ECC system through GRC 10.1 .

Is it possible ??

Regards,

Rahul Muni

0 Kudos

Hello All,

is there any work around through which it is possible to provision ' User time zone ' field in ECC system through GRC system .??

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

is correct. The user defaults provisions 'User Time Zone' and not the system time zone.

It does not make sense to provision system time zone as this configuration you do just once in the system.

I just tested the scenario in my internal system and changed this field twice in User defaults. in both tests, the user time zones were updated for "New Account".

Regards,

Fernando

0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

the bigger challenge is, how would that particular(which has UK time zone) User default be called.This is because, all users have diff. time zones, and you cannot create a user default id for each user.

@ Rahul: Could you say, if you have a Column in Decision table of user default, where location of user is captured. if not, you may want to include it, so that User default id for that location is triggered. I am assuming, it is not possible to create User default id for each user in your system. So, this column will resolve.

Else, you can create a Custom field in GRC system, and map it to TZONE(field name in SU01), and map it in GRACFLDMAP.

Regards

Plaban

0 Kudos

Hello Fernando,

The user defaults provisions System Time Zone ... and not User time zone.

Please correct me if I am wrong ..!

Regards,

Rahul Muni

0 Kudos

Hello Plaban ,

Nice input buddy ... I will definitely try your suggestion ...

And you are right .. It is not possible for me to create a user default for each user ..

and as far as I know , the fields in the ' User defaults ' in SPRO are connector dependent and not user dependent.

Please correct me if I m wrong.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

DEFAULT_ID(or User_DEFAULT_ID) is a Rule result in Decision table, and is called, as per your Input Column. So, if your input criteria(in Decision table ) has only Connector as Input Column, then User default, for that connector will be triggered. So, all users of this connector, will be assigned with that time zone.

However, if your Input criteria((in Decision table ) has 'User' as an Input column, then the User default id, for that particular user will be triggered. Then the time zone, will be applicable for that particular user only.

So, basically, the time zone field in User defaults, will populate field in user Master record

Regards

Plaban

0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

The user defaults for time zone is for the user field. The System time zone is based on the time zone set for the system, which is not changeable. This cannot be overridden from SU01 too, like what Alessandro and Fernando mentioned.

Based on location or user group or a specific user field that you might broadly base the time zones on can be used in the user default BRF plus application. Your, user defaults table in SPRO would be large in case you are catering to many time zones. For each connector - timezone pair you will have a record there with an unique default_id. Which default_id to be used while provisioning, can be determined from your brf plus application.

Thanks

Sammukh

0 Kudos

Hello Sanmukh ..

Thank you for the information ...!

Regards,

Rahul Muni

0 Kudos

Hello Plaban,

I am thinking of going by your inputs for mapping location of that user in BRF+ of User Defaults.

For eg. : There is a user of UK . In BRF+ of User defaults, there is a Location column in which there will be a line item of UK. is there any column for User Time Zone in BRF+ ??

Please suggest the way forward.

Regards,

Rahul Muni