Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Insert Blank Spaces End of Field value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Abap Gurus,

I already searched threads in SCN and in Google but i did not get a Proper Solution.

I need to put some blank spaces beside one field value in the file in Application server.

putting Blank spaces in SAP is possibe?

4 REPLIES 4

deepan_v_s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I don't think putting blank space is possible after a filed in Application server.

If in case you are looking for a separator between the fields, please use separator symbols in between the fields... it will be helpful while exporting the file to Excel

For eg: '|' or ':'.

Regards,

Deepan swaminathan

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What exactly is meant with "Blank Spaces End of Field value"? I think you'd get better advice when trying to describe how you are creating file, and what problem you have with it currently - not your preferred solution (Blank Spaces).

cheers

Jānis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

You can add one field as filler with 100 characters so that you will expected space.

Regards,

Pravin

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can put the blank space using backtik (`). You can find the backtick on keyboard just below the ESC key.

DATA: lv_string TYPE string.

"Concatenate 'SPACE' `   ` into lv_String.
lv_string
= 'Space' && `   `.

DATA: lv_len TYPE i.
lv_len
= strlen( lv_string ).
WRITE: / lv_len,
       / lv_string
, 'something to show space inbetween'.

Output would be:

Space    something to show space inbetween

Regards,
Naimesh Patel