cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 'Unregistered Connection' after creating multisource Data foundation layer in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I scanned SDN several times before creating this post ,  I found the problem mentioned but not the solution.

We have migrated from 3.1 to 4.1 all the universes and connections . when I create a multisource data foundation layer on two connections , some of them are showing tables and other is showing 'unregistered connection' please refer to screenshot.

If I create a single source data foundation on same connection it works fine . (Please refer screenshot below)

let's forget about migrated connections , I created New connections , published them to repository , created shortcut and then created single source data foundation on them . Everything goes smooth , BUT moment I try to create a new multisource  data foundation on them I get unregistered connection error for them shown below

I found one note which says right click and use QUICK FIX option but its not working .

Note 1935281:"Unregistered Connection" error is seen when double clicking on an migrated ...

I have already gone through the posts below but this problem is not similar to them

Multi Source Universe Data Foundation gives con... | SCN

We are using SQL SERVER 2012 as database.

Please help me , Am I missing any configuration, setting

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No you shouldn't have to re-install after a support patch 6.

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Are you using the ODBC DSN?

Do you have an identical entry for 32 bit dsn and 64 bit dsn

64 bit is Administrative tools > Data Sources ODBC

32 bit is odbcad32.ex in the path c:\windows\syswow64

Jacqueline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline

I am using OLE DB provider for creating the connection.

Do we need an identical entry for 32 bit dsn and 64 bit dsn , If we are not using ODBC but OLE DB ?

Where do we do this setup on the system in which client is installed ?

We have BO 4.1 installed in a system and we have IDT client installed in a VM which we cnnect through remote desktop.

So, where do we need to do this configuration . In VM or in the system where BO 4.1 is installed.

screenshot after after running odbcad32.ex on my VM (where I am using IDT )

Please explain me the process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you have to create the entry on remote server first(System DSN).

After creating the same you have to create Local DSN using the same name as created on server(System DSN).

You can try after doing same,

Thanks,
Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi swapnil

Do we need to do this if we re-install the BO client .

I am just asking because 2 days back they did the SP6 upgrade and re-installed the clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I suppose yes you have to do it again I am not sure about it,I am sorry for that.

Thanks,

Swapnil