cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production cost to network instead of WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We use a combination of PS and PP. At the lower level sub assembly we use production planning and at the upper level sub assembly and FG we use project systems.

For the lower level sub assembly we attach the material into the project builder (CJ20N), we maintain a production BOM and after running MRP  (MD02) we have planned orders generated which are eventually converted into production order. Now this is where the problem lies: We need this production order to be settled to a network instead of a WBS. The production order account assignment has the WBS, there is no option to have the network as an account assignment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and points rewarded.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. Really appreciate that.

As mentioned before, we have PS at the upper levels and PP at the lower level. We never had PP before and all we had was PS for the entire job. Most of the users are used to run reports at the network level to see the cost breakdown and all our reports are based on that.

Having PP is a significant change and would like to minimize the custom developments (changes) to standard SAP reports. Thats why we need the costs of the production orders to reflect in the network with the proper break down.

For ex if it costs $100 for manufacturing a Unit (halb) out of which 60$ labor cost and 40$ material cost, the prod order would have the breakdown. But when I run the report at WBS level I would only see the 100$ and not that it cost me 60$ and 40$ to make up the 100$.

We have multiple networks assigned to a WBS which includes networks for build, engineering, project management, etc. So the business needs to run a report at the project defn level to see all costs associated to build networks only (detailed break down). This is not possible if i have production orders

Thanks,

Deepak.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

As mentioned by you it is process change and should be handled by Change Management process within Business..

Which means educating the end users that the existing reports will not provide you the details..

What they can do is run PP reports.. but again there they will get breakdown as per WBS.

unfortunately i don't see a way out for you other than developing a Custom Report..

Cheers

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

Unfortunately thats not an option. Its not one report, we have to change atleast 30 standard SAP reports and many more customized reports to run by production order instead of network. This is not feasible.

Thanks,

Deepak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Sammar mentioned, if you are using BOM through projects it is the WBS BOM and hence all costs are included in WBS. Network activities are then settling to WBS for other costs.

Yet you can view them line item wise in the CJI3 report.

Is there any specific requirement for viewing at NWA level?

Regards

Vittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

This is not possible as WBS is always an Account Assignment Element which is used for Controlling and Monitoring unlike Network Activity where actual work happens

Regards

Ashish

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

are you attaching FG to be produced to NWA and then generating the Planned orders and converting these to PO??

What's your process of generating the PO from PS??

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

We follow the NAAMS BOM (based on north american standards), have a multi level BOM. System (FG) --> Line (HALB) --> Tool (HALB) --> Unit (HALB) --> Details (ROH)

For the first 3 levels (system, line, tool) we use sap PS with no production BOM or a production order. These materials are included directly in the project builder (under network / act combination) and work is carried out based on activities.

For the Unit (halb) we have a production BOM (which includes ROH which are procured) and we have production orders. Like the previous levels, the Unit is assigned to a network activity and this network activity is assigned to a WBS. Now after MRP run (MD02) the planned orders are converted to production orders and after final confirmation, the labor and material costs are assigned to WBS. I need to see this break down in the Network, not in the WBS.

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I believe the system is designed to take the cost to the WBS level as in PO the account assignment is WBS.

Is there any particular requirement to see the cost at NWA level? anyways in CJI3 you can make out the cost which has risen due to confirmations from PO.

Let's wait for others suggestions as well..

regards

Sammar