cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUs missing from VL33N after partial GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I create an inbound delivery with multiple HUs, and then do a partial GR on the delivery, subsequent VL33N only shows those HUs that haven't been received -- missing from display are the HUs that were received.  Is this normal/standard SAP, or do I have an issue?

Thanks,

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neil_murphy
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

This is standard functionality of SAP. When carrying out partial GR against an inbound delivery, the HU for which GR has already been posted will not be displayed until after the full quantities have been received.

When a HU is posted GR, it gets de-assigned from the inbound delivery. When the delivery Total Goods Movement status is C, the HUs would be read via the document flow (VBFA table). Otherwise, they are retrieved via their assignment. Therefore, if Total Goods Movement status is B (partial), only the HUs that have not yet been posted are displayed in the packing screen.

Note that the HUs that are not displayed in the delivery packing screen can still be displayed using transaction HUMO.

In order to see all the HUs in the Packing Screen of the inbound delivery, complete the full goods receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neil,

I submitted a message to SAP and your response matches theirs.  Debug made it appear that this was standard behavior, good to have the confirmation.

Regards,

Dennis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dennis

When you did the inbound delivery & packed the total quantity & did partial GR (means changed the delivery qty) , did the system allow you to do " I don't think so" system will give one message "*** have already been packed . Quantity can not be changed " but if you unpack some quantity from those & remaining pack quantity you go for PGR in VL32N , system will allow you do the same & in HU status you can see some empty HU & some packed HU . And you can see in VL33N those empty HU with packed HU of delivery quantity (Partial)

What you are saying in VL33N , your received HU is not displaying , no it will display those empty HU & Packed HU of partial HU .But when you go for another inbound delivery for the remaining quantity system will not show you those empty HU & previously used HU . And you can't use those empty HU , what was you unpacked in last IBD , if you try then system will give you the message                         

"Handling unit *** is already put away no assignment possible"

"Could you share with screen shot , what you are getting in your system"

Regards

Dillesh

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say "then do a partial GR on the delivery," does this mean you changed the delivery quantity manually and press the PGR button, If yes then whatever you received physically that only gets updated in the IBD as per standard also in my personal opinion once the PGR is done I don't see any valid business logic for system to display the unused HU in the inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish and Dillesh,

Thanks for your responses.

To clarify my issue:  I created an inbound delivery with 2 items, each packed in a different HU.  When I post a GR for 1 item via VL60, the HU for that item is then missing from VL33N Pack screen.  Only the unreceived HU is still displayed.

Thanks,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis

But it will display definitely . after you completed your GR at VL60 .system will display the HU number in pack screen in display of inbound delivery VL33N .

you can see the packing status also in HU03/HU02.

Regards

Dillesh