Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of SAP PO

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SCN users,

What are the benefits of having SAP PO(Intergrated PI,NWBPM and NWBRM)?

Is it good to have all together in single SID? or if we go for separate installation of each component ,it will be more beneficial?

Please pour your ideas on this.

Regards

Raghuram S

SAP PI/PO Consultant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Yes it is beneficial if all the three are in single instance.

Different SID's means it's similar to connecting to different SAP systems in your landscape -->Not a good option ,unless you have strong business requirement to do so.

By having all the three in single SID it will reduce the latency and increase the efficiency.

Regards

Venkat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the information,

But even if all are in same SIDs we need configure Soap channel,What other configurations need to be done if all are in different SIDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not ,100% sure ,but it should be either of SOAP over XI or RFC .These are the 2 options available to connect to NW BPM from PO.

Regards

Venkat

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its through Soap for sure,my question in case of separate installations what additional settings needed.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if it is on single SID there is no other option other than SOAP with XI protocol in case of different SID i suppose WS adapter.I remember this point was mentioned by William Li.please search for his blog or check in sap help.I will search for you and will keep posted if i find something.

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prior to PRO 7.31, the WS adapter was used for integration between NW PI and NW BPM. However, the WS adapter is an ABAP adapter, which is no longer available in a java-only installation. Instead, the XI proxy is used by AEX. The XI proxy not only provides reliable messaging as in the WS adapter, but it is also much more performance oriented. Since NW PI 7.11, the XI proxy is implemented through the SOAP adapter.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90308598-4b8d-2f10-4a9a-b78973859...

read the second para in the Abstract

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also now we have WS_AAE adapter available in SAP PO if you want to integrate AEX and BPM you can make use of this adapter however i think SAP has not mentioned any statement i am just thinking this can be an option.

Thanks

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pavan My question is not about the ways of connecting,What is the best installation option and what are the issues/problems of having the components in different SIDs

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the best option is always installing PO on single SID

Thanks

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you choose to install PO from the installation master then obviously it will be on the single SID.Since PO is the bundle of PI+BPM+BRM. With this type of installation there is no way of splitting the components however if you choose to install AEX alone and CE(BPM and BRM) then both these will be on two different SIDs and to enable communication between these two you need to configure additional settings

Thanks

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu,

It is better to have a single system ID for all the three. If you have seperate SID then you need to do extra configurations like creating RFC destinations etc.

Below SCN link consists of many URLs which tells you about feature of SAP PI and PO -

Regards,

Nitin