cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order to be released only after it is released from Credit block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement, wherein my sales order should be in blocked state (in status profile) if it is not released in VKM3. Only after the sales order is released thru VKM3, user should be able to release the sales order from status profile of sales header.

Please help.

Regards,

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

praveenboss
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi S. K Singh ,

please share your solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This was done thru CMOD. We removed button of status release at sales order header level, by checking VBUK for credit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

I'm not clear on your requirement. Besides the credit block that needs to be removed in VKM3, are you talking about releasing a secondary block like a billing block, delivery block, or something else on the sales order?

When you say "in status profile", do you mean the status overview screen, or the Status tab when viewing the sales order header? I don't know of a way to release anything from either of those screens. You can release the delivery and/or billing block from the Sales tab of the sales order Overview screen. Are you saying that you want to prevent the user from removing a delivery block or billing block if they haven't first removed a credit block from VKM3?

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for writing.

We already have credit management in place. We also have status profile in sales order (VOV8) in place. Users have to release sales order in VKM3 and then they release sales order too by going to VA02 and at header level in status tab , in object status they select released (REL).

Now my requirement is that user should not be able to release sales order by going to VA02 and release from status tab if the said sales order is blocked in VKM3.

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard way to achieve this. You have to take help of user exit and add you logic where CMGST=B or C the restrict modification only for status. Status modification will be based on JEST entries.

Regards

Biswa

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Singh,

Normally in credit bolck, even if you use the status profile approval and release the sales doc, the credit block will remain, and the delivery/billing will be blocked.

Please check your configurations

Jobi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello S K Singh,

Can you please explain the Business requirement for this secondary status profile block?

I can see three possibilities here:

1. Sales Order is blocked for Credit and user release it via Status profile. In this case subsequent functions like Delivery will not be possible because of Credit Block (provided this is configured in your system).

2. Sales Order is cleared in Credit check but blocked due to status profile. Even in this case the subsequent functions like Delivery will not be possible because of Status Profile Block (provided this is configured in your system).

3. Sales Order is cleared of Credit check and also release from Status profile. Subsequent function will be possible, which ideally it should allow.

I mean what is the real need for status profile block even after the Sales Order is released for Credit Check.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

Exactly.. I have explained the same thing to my client again. He said he will come back on this.

Thanks,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

My client is adamant. They want it. sales order status profile should not get released unless released from credit. Suppose if sales order is released in status profile without releasing it from credit , system should give error . How to achieve it.

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is closed now.

This was done thru enhancement.

Thanks,

Regards,

SK