cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROI and IRR values are getting overwritten by zero in /RPM/ITEM_D_DER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to update my ROI calculation in table /RPM/ITEM_D_DER. Currently the field is Read only and we value is getting calculated by std forlmula for ROI.

I tried to save the value, by making the field editable. All the derived fields in Item are updating in table but not the ROI. Std table /RPM/ITEM_D_DER always shows value as zero. I tried to execute BAPI's /RPM/ITEM_MODIFY and /RPM/SAVE_CHANGES in sequence. It did not update the ROI value. Because of this I am not able to see the ROI value on Item dashboard.

Regards,

Sumati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of PPM5.0 all the financial KPI fields are manually entered (no automation). PPM 6.0 onwards by std system calculates all financial KPI fields automatically based on the financial planning.

And I have worked on the similar requirement where we were supposed to automate the field values based on some custom built formulae (E.g IRR). And for me it was working fine in PPM 5.0.

You may check with the developer whether it is due to some custom developments, which is impacting the std (nullifying the field) behavior.

Rgrds,

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sumati,

check, if you have implemented note 2165551.

Best regards,
Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

I have checked above note and it is applicable to PPM 6.0 and we are using 5.0.

There is one way where we can  create an enhancement for ROI and IRR fields and update the database. But I am not sure with the outcome.

Regards.

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sumati,

the fields ROI (and IRR) are not calculated in standard in PPM

5.0. These fields can be calculated in BAdI RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS

methods ATTRIBUTES_MODIFY or ON_END_OF_TRANSACTION depending on the

data you require to calculate these fields. These fields are calculated in standard in PPM 6.0.

Please note that if you use ON_END_OF_TRANSACTION  to calculate these

fields do call method CL_RPM_PROJECT_O->SET_ATTRIBUTES to update the

changed fields in Item object, which will later be updated.

Best regards,
Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judith,

We tried the solution but it is not working. Now we have made the field editable and kept as a manual entry field, but still it is not working. We tried using the BAdi RPM_PROJ_CUST_FIELDS with method ATTRIBUTES_MODIFY. when I save the value, I get the message "Data saved successfully" and also value appears on screen but as soon as I refresh the screen, the value again becomes 0. 

Is there any note for PPM 5.0 to resolve the issue?