cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR job never ends

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of my systems in landscape doesn't send EWA data to SolMan, upon analysis we found that the /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR job never gets completed (the job runs for days).

The solution manager is Solution Manager 7.1 SP13. I am trying to generate ewa for ERP 6.0 which has ST-PI 2008 SP 8 ST-A/PI SP2. (all the RTCCTOOL recommendations are met). The ags_content update is upto latest.

I don't have much information in the job log or the SDCCN session log.

Kindly advise what may be causing the job to run for more than.

Thanks in Advance.

Vivek.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion is that you go in transaction SDCCN > Goto> User Specific > Change the log levels to show all tasks. Then reproduce the issue.

Have in mind that the /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR will be responsible for the tasks running in the SDCCN, so, in the SDCCN itself, you must find which task is taking too long to be processed and check its log, you will then be able to find which module is taking so much time to be processed. With that, you can investigate further by checking notes related to the module or by executing separate tests with it.

Best regards,

Daniel.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Does the original scheduling of the job predate any recent changes in SolMan, such as applying sp13, or updating ST-PI or ST-A/PI in the managed system? It's very easy to just reconfigure the task processor job, so you might want to just try "resetting" the configuration in the ERP system. Stop/deschedule/delete the current /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR job in SM37, then in SDCCN go into Settings... Task-specific and make sure everything is correct (especially RFC Destinations -- make sure you have one pointing to your Solution Manager system and that it's marked as both 'Active' and 'Master'). Then go to Utilities... Activate and it will re-schedule the job. Try this and see if you still have problems.

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Have you checked SM21 for any logs for the job ? Any Oracle or SQL related errors ?

If you have Oracle DB, can you update the optimizer statistics and then check again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Nisha Nemade