cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion https://scn.sap.com/thread/3750593

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

unfortunately I either cant see mentioned thread, or proceed a discussion on this topic. Could you please help me on this? Thanks,

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

Mentioned discussion  https://scn.sap.com/thread/3750593 was in moderation queue.

Mean couple of users may pressed Alert moderator option. so that's why we are unable to access it as of now.

Why alert moderation:

above discussion might be basic one or wrong space or posted issue without search.

in that cases discussion will be alerted by scn users.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raman,

Mentioned discussion  https://scn.sap.com/thread/3750593 was in moderation queue.

Mean couple of users may pressed Alert moderator option. so that's why we are unable to access it as of now.

you meant still is? Im still getting unauthorized... Im aware of delays for showing content due Moderation on SCN, but never noticed it could take weeks, but I guess SCN is understaffed and cant provide better service or contemporary content moderation, I guess we need to live with it

Why alert moderation:

above discussion might be basic one or wrong space or posted issue without search.

in that cases discussion will be alerted by scn users.

Thanks

Sorry, I was not clear enough: this is not what I asked for Im aware about general criteria on kicking content due redundancy, breaking rules etc on public content, but I wanted to know the exact reason for alerting on particularly thread. Thanks,

cheers

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lawrence Waterhouse wrote:

but I guess SCN is understaffed and cant provide better service or contemporary content moderation, I guess we need to live with it

We hope this portion will be much better in 1DX platform (coming less than half an year). Finger crossed.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

There might be lot of discussions in moderation queue, based on that moderators will take action on it.

Some times moderators also busy with their work and not active here, in such cases delay will be increased.

We need wait some more.

Other wise can you tell me at which forum you posted your thread?

once we know the forum, so that we can request forum moderators. they can help you on time.

Why alert moderation:

I mentioned general points which are considered to press alert moderator.

Exact reason you will know thru moderation message/notification only.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raman KV wrote:

Hi Lawrence,

There might be lot of discussions in moderation queue, based on that moderators will take action on it.

Some times moderators also busy with their work and not active here, in such cases delay will be increased.

ok, lets do that

Other wise can you tell me at which forum you posted your thread?

once we know the forum, so that we can request forum moderators. they can help you on time.

Why alert moderation:

I mentioned general points which are considered to press alert moderator.

Exact reason you will know thru moderation message/notification only.

Thanks.

The thread was placed in the Portal section. But no need to hurry up, in fact I had a discussion with SAP employees about a quite common requirement and got a suggestion for  a simple solution, but unfortunately didnt got opportunity to ask deeper. You can find an incomplete Version on Google cache:  Thanks,

cheers

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your not the owner of above thread   https://scn.sap.com/thread/3750593 .

Am unable to find the exact reason to alert thread. But after the moderation thread owner will receive exact reason for rejection.

SAP employee name is Tamar Kolner. if you like discuss with her then you can follow her.

if she follows you then you can do private message or you can raise new thread at portal forum and get required help from them.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There can be three reasons :

1. Discussion is rejected by space moderator.

2. More than one user has pressed alert moderator.

3. Link is posted in moderator and space editor space.

Read the blog post for a brief illustration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but the reason mentioned in appropriate modification doesnt makes no sense to me:

Reason: please post in community/support

This is accurate for my question why I cant see mentioned content, because of that I reposted my question in this thread. But I didnt got any notification messages regarding the initial thread. So my question is still not answered. Thanks,

cheers

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please post in community/support - Mean you need to post your thread at scn support forum.