Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMIGR_CREATE_DDL Report

former_member233385
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Expert,

I have a question with regard to OS/DB Migration.

My query is when we are migrating to different DB eg - Oracle to HANA or Oracle to DB2.

Before we start the export in the source system we run the report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL via se38.

Please let me know which option do i need to select in Database Version when migrating to different Database.

Below is the screen shot.

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

when you are migrating the system from oracle to hana. then in the report you have to choose the target database which is HANA in your case.

You should not give the source database.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

former_member233385
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your support

@Parth - As per my knowledge this report SMIGR_CREATE_DDL is mandatory for all Netweaver'04 and later.

Regards,

Anil Shenoy

parth_raval
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Anil, it is mandatory for all the systems based on NetWeaver 04 / ABAP Web AS 6.40.

And it is mainly used for systems based on BW functionalities and from BW 3.0.

You didn't specify your current system, that's why I mentioned in my reply that if you don't have any BW components installed in your system, there is no need to run this program(In case of previous versions).

Yes I forgot to specify that 'In case of previous versions' note...

Best Regards,

Parth Raval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

As per SAP,

Regards

Anand

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Have a look at below KBA

888210 - NW 7.**: System copy (supplementary note)

Regards,

parth_raval
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

As per my knowledge, you can go with option generate DDLs with compression if there are so many customer modified objects in your system otherwise you can go with generate DDLs for all tables.

And if you don't have any BW components installed in your system, there is no need to run this program.

Best Regards,

Parth Raval