cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI7.11 Archiving and logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert:

Background: table sxmspmast, sxmsclur, sxmsclup get growing in customer's productive system, i affect the execution of monitor message with tcode: sxi_monitor. especially both table sxmsclur and sxmsclup are more then 20G based on system persist data in database for 2 weeks. all interfaces are using sync mode, parameter LOGGING_SYNC is set to "1"。data volume per day is 500,000. so i give them some opinions about reduce data volume.  using archiving or switching procedure may speed up write and read on database. but i have a couple of questions about PI7.11  archiving either in ABAP or in JAVA stack.

Questions:

1. PI couldn't do archiving for sync messages? if not, how to archive sync message instead of deletion in abap stack.

2. switch procedure could replace archive functionality?  it will affect performance daily operation on database? since we did test on Q system, but copying failed, then restarted. so fail often happen?

3. customer don't want to reduce retention period about synchronous message, log are not stored in sender or receiver, so they reply on pi to search the message or verify if data-self are correct  or are transferred to target system. this point couldn't be changed so far. they have to use pi to record log. do you guys have good idea to resolve this case?

4. i suggest them to use AAE to reconstruct scenario, after verify all scenarios, AAE is adopted their all of scenarios, so my questions, in case of all scenarios are switched into AAE mode, they face same question about syn messages's retention.  i searched java properties on XPI: messgeing system in NWA. only three parameters are available for setting(messaging.syncMessageRemover.removeBody, checkInterval, and messageCount), it looks like not to persist sync messages into DB as customer expected. do they have to upgrade PI 7.11 to PI7.4 ?

5. about upgrade, they have 190 interfaces, how long does it take to do upgrade or migration?

sorry for a lots of questions, but the purpose of questions is about how to reduce data storage in DB , do you have good idea?

Thanks your reading

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

First of all, thank you for explain so detailed your issue.

1. PI couldn't do archiving for sync messages? if not, how to archive sync message instead of deletion in abap stack.

PI can archive the Integration Engine sync messages, please check the page 8 in this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0afdd69-a8a7-2d10-7e9a-cbf6fa21c...

3. customer don't want to reduce retention period about synchronous message, log are not stored in sender or receiver, so they reply on pi to search the message or verify if data-self are correct  or are transferred to target system. this point couldn't be changed so far. they have to use pi to record log. do you guys have good idea to resolve this case?

I think the best way it to increase PI hardware like memory. I my opinion since PI 7,31 you can establish the PI log (and trace) independent in each scenario, in this way you can have the critical scenarios with a higher log level and the rest with a low or without log.

4. i suggest them to use AAE to reconstruct scenario, after verify all scenarios, AAE is adopted their all of scenarios, so my questions, in case of all scenarios are switched into AAE mode, they face same question about syn messages's retention.  i searched java properties on XPI: messgeing system in NWA. only three parameters are available for setting(messaging.syncMessageRemover.removeBody, checkInterval, and messageCount), it looks like not to persist sync messages into DB as customer expected. do they have to upgrade PI 7.11 to PI7.4 ?

The adapter engine doesn't persist the message in PI 7.11. Please check this note  1872758 - How XI/PI messages are persisted in Adapter Engine for better understanding.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vila, Azhar

thanks for your quick reply.

to: Vila

about your answer, i have some doubts.

1.we tried the archive, but i think there is no archiving option or parameter in SXMB_AMD.

could you please finger it out how to archive sync messages, thanks ahead.

to Anzhr,

could we do archiving for sync messages? how to do it

Best Regards,

Kevin

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

1.we tried the archive, but i think there is no archiving option or parameter in SXMB_AMD.

could you please finger it out how to archive sync messages, thanks ahead.

You are right, i explained myself bad in my last reply, you only can increase the time in I.E DB but not archive them.

Regards.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

My few cents as follows:

--> AFAIK we can not archive Sync messages as there is no point in storing Sync message as you cant restart those messages from PI.

2. switch procedure could replace archive functionality?  it will affect performance daily operation on database? since we did test on Q system, but copying failed, then restarted. so fail often happen?

--> Sync Message will be persisted only as per the retention value set in Configuration. If you want to search Message based on payload, you can use TREX or UDMS options to filter message (thats available in DB).

--> Yes you can retain the Sync messages in AAE as well for set time frame.

5. about upgrade, they have 190 interfaces, how long does it take to do upgrade or migration?

--> It depends on various factors like: ABAP dependency in current setup(lookups / Abap mappings), Adapters used, whether having ccBPMs, Interface complexity, team size, etc.

Regards,

Azhar