cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Between MAPL and QALS

0 Kudos

Can some one tell me in which table could I find the assignment of inspection plan to inspection lot? My requirement is to check if a particular Inspection plan from MAPL is assigned to any inspection lot in QALS.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Please note that there are some knowledge documents available in this topic in SCN. If you are looking form some specific inputs, you can go through one of my answers in the below thread -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3667568

Please take clues form the above thread and model your solution.

Thanks,

Arijit

0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt response Arijit but I am not looking for Routing Characteristics here. I want a direct relationship between Inspection Plan and Inspection Lot. I tried checking in QALS but that didn't help much. Is there a table that tell us which task list is assigned to a particular inspection lot?

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you have really double checked the attached thread and understood it to take clues form it.

Here are some further inputs for your analysis -

MAPL => PLKO => QALS

1. Form MAPL ==> You get - Material (MATNR), Plant (WERKS), Task List Type (PLNTY), Group (PLNNR), Group Counter (PLNAL), Counter (ZAEHL) and Add.crit.countr (ZAEHL)

2. Form PLKO: You have to pass these inputs form MAPL to PLKO, to get non-deleted task list type + group + Group counter combination.

3. Form PLAS:  You have to pass the above inputs form PLKO through PLAS to get the correct node (PLNKN). You may not need this input as your check is limited.

Now based on inputs form MAPL and PLKO, pass non-deleted task list type + group + Group records through QALS and you can get a list of Inspection lots created using the same Inspection plan details.

Input to QALS:

Task List Type (PLNTY),

Group (PLNNR),

Usage (PPLVERW),

Group Counter (PLNAL),

Counter (ZAEHL) and

Add. crit. counter (ZKRIZ).

Output form QALS:

Inspection lot numbers (You will get a list of inspection lots credited using the same insp plan)

NOTE: Please note that there is no unique link criteria to link MAPL and QALS as based on same material, same inspection plans and so there can be multiple inspection lots created. So you will need to find some extra criteria like 'production order', 'material document no', etc, so that your search can give you an unique entry for MAPL => QALS. Please analyze this in more details to get further clues.

0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit! I could understand what you were implying after you simplified your linked thread according to my requirement. Makes sense to me now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There could be 2 interpretations from the requirement

1. You know the inspection lot number and want to know which group number it is assigned to.
  2. You know the group number and want to know to which inspection lot it has been assigned to.

The second does not tend to any meaning as why one would go and search on this basis? Folks are interested in only the records of inspection lot generation. Correct me if I am mistaken!

My comments are,

1. Go to QALS table. Input inspection lot number and fetch QALS-PLNNR and QALS-PLNAL for Group and Group counter
  2. Once you get the Group and Group Counter refer thread to reach out to further details as he has explained it.
  3. But remember, when you try to fetch the further details from Group the results they always come real time.
    • That means suppose a Group XYZ is assigned to some inspection lot on 1st of July.
    • Later someone modified the tolerances or other details in the same plan on 5th July
    • And on 13th you are trying to correlate the inspection parameters between that inspection lot and Group XYZ, you would not be referring the correct ones as the results would be of 5th July
  4. Hence if you want system to display the parameters those were assigned to that specific lot, you should use BAPI_INSPOPER_GETDETAIL
  5. Give inspection lot number as input to this and you would get all the details pertaining to that lot only.

Anand