Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI system on Cloud solutions

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client currently do not have a separate server to install the SAP PI system. Currently they have 3 system landscape for ECC system and we checked for feasibility for installing the SAP PI system in the existing ECC server itself (which is not at all suggested). But it seems that required hard disk space and RAM is not available to install the SAP PI system.

Hence, we are thinking to use the existing cloud solution and install SAP PI system on it and then connect it to ECC system available on premises. Can you please help me with some links of using SAP PI system on cloud and how it is different from on-premise SAP PI system and there are many other questions which needs to be clarified.

If anybody here has already done it, then please share your suggestions and experience which will be of greater help to me.

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how about SAP HCI?Its a cloud based integration tool similar to PI you no need to install PI separately.You can buy a specific tenant and develop your integrations between SAP to SAP and SAP to non-SAP.

Thanks

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Midhun and Pavan,

AFAIK HCI does not have all the features as that of SAP PI. It is still evolving and it is not brought up to replace SAP PI.

And HANA Cloud has a higher cost as far as i know. Also getting the license for this would take months time and my client cannot wait for so long.

Hence, we have proposed them with the solution of installing SAP PI system on the normal cloud. By normal cloud i meant Amazon S3 kind of a thing, which we already have and only installation of SAP PI system is required. Hence i wanted to know, what will be the differences and challenges having PI system on-premises and that having on a cloud solutions?

Regards,

Nitin Deshpande

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i never got a chance to setup and develop interfaces using on cloud SAP PI.

AFAIK, i understand you have the dedicated space from amazon on cloud to install PI and i think for installation there may not be any differences between the on cloud and on premise.You will be using same installation master which used to install PI.while installing OS i think you need to take care of the network and firewall settings otherwise i don;t see any issues here.

Thanks

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this. I will get the SAP PI system installed on the cloud and may be share the experience here on SCN.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure waiting for your feedback...

Thanks

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Any help on this please?

Regards,

Nitin

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

You could have a look at the features of HCI: SAP HANA Cloud Integration. It's SAP's middleware in the cloud. It has PI and Data Integration features. Hope it would be helpful.

Regards, Midhun