cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

functionality change of workflow tr.code:RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have come across the following requirement when i use the above transaction(RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE) in workflow module.

Example Scenario:

user 'A' is on leave for 'X' days.i have assigned user 'B' as substitute user by using transaction "RMPS_ST_SUBSTITUTE" and mentioned 'From' and 'To' dates and selected 'substitution active' check box, then the entire inbox of user 'A' has been accessed by user 'B'.

when i remove substitution or when user comes back from leave, substitution automatically will be deactivated and the work items which are belongs to user 'A' will be back.

but some work items which are belongs to user 'A'(Original user) are not coming back, because user 'B' (substitute user) opened the work items(double clicked) that work items status has been changed as 'In process' and agent changed.

my requirement is i have to get back those work items into user 'A' (original user) inbox(which are opened by user 'B' but not completed).

Kindly let me know can we customize the standard transaction.if yes, pls suggest how to do it.

awaiting your kind reply.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

This is a SAP Workflow standard behaviour and working as expected. If a user has reserved the workitems, then it wont appear in other approvers inbox.

I think you can add a "Substitution check" function (Read info. from table HRUS_D2) while executing the work item.  If this check fails; you can inform the substitution user that he/she is no longer delegated to execute this workitem. Then you can programmatically replace the workitem using FM SAP_WAPI_PUT_BACK_WORKITEM or inform the substituted user to forward the workitem or replace manually using SWI1.

You can try to mass "Replace Manually"  the affected workitems via SWIA to resolve the current PRD issues. This will unreserve the workitems and re-execute the agents rule.

RH_CHECK_SUBSTITUTION_DATES

SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTES_GET               Workflow Interfaces: Determine Substitutes

SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_ACTIVATE       Workflow Interfaces: Activate Substitutes

SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_DEACTIVATE  Workflow Interfaces: Deactivates Substitutes

SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_DELETE           Workflow Interfaces: Delete Substitutes

SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_MAINTAIN        Workflow Interfaces: Maintain Substitutes

SAP_WAPI_SUBSTITUTE_PROF_GET      Workflow Interfaces: List with Substitute Profiles

Regards

Sandy

Message was edited by: Sandy !

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u sandy..i am customizing the transaction completely according to client requirement....