cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palletization : Load unitization after putaway task creation.

venky1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi EWM Gurus,

Scenario : Inbound with VAS.

We are doing Palletization at VAS work center. For this I hav maintained to pack specs one for Palletization and other for the VAS order.

1) Condition record 0VSI is used to for selection for pack spec for the VAS order.

2) Condition record 0DKS for palletization. Once the VAS order is confirmed through /SCWM/VASEXEC , using "Repack HU" which checks 0DKS condition record and selects the pack spec according to logical condition.

Requirement - I have activated putaway task split. For example an HU consist of 15 EA. Out of which putaway of 10 EA should be done to forward pick area and 5 to reserve. As per the pack spec one pallet can accommodate 15 qty. Whenever palletization is done before putaway it will create 1 HU with 15 qty and it will putaway to one reserve location. So I tried to empty the HU and use "create VAS WT" so that it will split the task to reserve and pick face (ref the below screen shot). My requirement is to to do palletization for 10 and 5 seperately after creation of putaway task.

Regards,

Venky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venky1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can I use 0WHTA procedure for palletization. So that destination HU will be created for the putaway task. Just let me know how 0WHTA can be used. As i have configured this, but it is not creating an HU. When I checked  /SCWM/PSLOG transaction it is selecting pack spec as per the condition record. But I still doubt whether it will create an Pick-HU for the task.

Regards,

Venky

petrzak
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

0WHTA will not create HU, it is dedicated for non-HU process.

It should be possible to use standard deconsolidation process here. In case you assign your pick face and reserve area separate consolidation groups, then you can use packaging specification with 0DKS condition type.

Petr

venky1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

Thank you for your inputs.

I have tried using deconsolidation after VAS work center. As you explained I am able to split the WT to reserve and pick face locations.As these WT are in waiting status stock is available for repacking. According pack spec each HU should be repacked with 5 EA.

WT in waiting

1) WT 1  - 10 EA to pick face location &

2) WT 2   - 5 EA to reserve location

When I try to deconsolidate the HU for WT1 as per my understanding it should create  2 HU's since my pack spec is of 5 EA. But it repacking the 10 EA into 1 single HU.

Regards,

Venky

Answers (0)