cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding mail to outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to forward workitem to outlook. I am using RSWUWFML2 program. Currently the user who has scheduled the program is sender of the mail. But I want to change the sender with the person who has created that workflow. This workflow initiator is dynamic. Please suggest how to achieve it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of using RSWUWFML2 program , create new task and use function module SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 for sending the mail. In this FM you can mention the mail id of the sender.

Regards,

Shamsudheen

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Ideally you should use "Extended Notification" for reminder mails instead of program RSWUWFML2.

Also, RSWUWFML2 should be scheduled as BATCH job under a system user and not any user and the email sender should be batch user and not WF Initiator otherwise it can lead to misunderstandings. You can include the name of WF Initiator in the approval text of the workitem.

You always have an option of copying program RSWUWFML2 and making changes to logic to fetch mail sender but it is NOT recommended. ""Extended Notification" is recommended.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1646056

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f01448bb-324f-2a10-fe96-cb36c26a3...

Regards

sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to change the sender dynamically in extended notification?

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the point of that? It is an email telling the user that there is a workitem in their inbox.

The creator of the workflow did not send it, so why should they be listed as the sender?

regards

Rick

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

It is not a good idea to change the sender name . Can you explain the business driver behind this requirement. If the job is executed by Batch user then it should have batch user email ID(Eg: NOREPLY.Workflow@abc.com). You can mention the initiator User ID and email ID in approval task text description.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my scenario, I want to change the sender to initiator of workflow..I have to set it dynamically

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. But why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its clients requirement

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you explained the client that in order to meet this requirement ,

• you have to deviate a lot of from SAP standard
  • change the behaviour of SAP standard program
  • Making the system act on behalf of a WF requestor and sending reminder email to approver . People are comfortable if system/system User reminding them what needs to be done. Think of scenario where accounting officer will be reminding the Chief financial officer via this custom program that few WF approvals are pending. So this conflicts the chain of command and responsibility in a organisation.
  • Making audit and workflow Governance more difficult. You cant act on behalf of a individual without his/her consent

Include the above points in your Technical specification as concern and get an endorsement from business and then its up-to your organisation . Technically it is feasible as mentioned in my previous posts.

Regards

Sandy

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it was the client requirement to make it appear as if all workflow emails were coming from Bill Gates, would you do that too?

The mails are coming from Extended Notifications, not from the user.