Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load model through TGZ file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IBP Version: 4.0.1.4

We are able to a backup planning area (model), forecast and roles through model export -> download deployment unit in Web UI but not able to locate how to restore the backup in the system through model import.

Is it possible to restore backup through the TGZ file?

Regards,

Aditya G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya

The model export and import is usually done between a source and target system.

It is possible to import the archived file by the backend HANA LM but unlikely you will have the system access. In any case, your source system is backup daily. You can always request for restoration of the database.

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YS,

I am assuming restoration can be done for the entire system and not just a model?

Example: We have 10 planning areas and we want to restore only a single planning area from a backup taken a week ago. Is it possible?

It is good to know that exported DU can be imported through backend HANA LM.

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

yes, restoration works for the entire system. Where are you trying to import the model? I assume it is on different system then the one from which you exported it?

Best regards

Rinju

Former Member
0 Kudos

H Rinju,

We are exploring the possibility to export and import model through deployment unit in two disconnected systems.

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

As far as I know this will not be possible with Model Import funcation on web UI as for this funcation systems need to be connected. As earlier mentioned by YS it is possible via LM but for cloud solution, you will not get access to LM. But i never tried DU import via LM.

Best regards

Rinju

Answers (0)